Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
pcm and pcm 24bit on powerdvd
Ben [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2010 04:04 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
hello,

I have worked out using powerdvd 9 when playing blu rays that contain pcm 24bit audio aka high definition, through pdvd9 and w7mce it goes straight to a reciever untouched via hdmi, but if I were to play a blu ray with just pcm 5.1 through the same setup because its not classed as high definition, windows takes controll and plays it how it wants to based on your preselected speaker setup. ok so because I watch tv and play blu rays on the htpc I have set windows to a 2 speaker setup wihch sends 2 channels to the reciever and so I can use dolby pro logic or plII, but the problem is if I want to play a blu ray with this setup thats contains a 5.1 pcm track not 24bit then it gets played back based on the windows speaker setting, in my case being two, ok now for my question.

Is powerdvd going to implement any controll so that powerdvd itself can automatically change the windows speaker setting to adjust to the movie being played or are we stuck having to manually change the speaker setup to match the movie, in the process have to restore after to retain the audio options for watching live tv such as dolby prologic 2?

I know of reclock and how it can make the audio stream un altered to the reciever but its not ideal for everyone, but to have and option to change windows speaker setting in powerdvd automatically or manually would be a good feature I think.

Anyone else in a similar situation or agree or disagree, is cyberlink working on a feature like this?