CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lip Sync on converted video
Reply to this topic
[Post New]
Hi,
I have downloaded a digital recording from my TiVo to the PC. I converted to the highest resolution AVCHD using Espresso 5. The conversion appears to work well, but the the sound track and video are very slightly out of sync. (enough to be a major distraction). Any suggestions on how to correct this problem? Thanks.
[Post New]
Update. I have PavTube Video Converter can convert TiVo HD files without introducing lip syn problems. However, the conversion is much slower than Espresso 5. Does Cyberlink know of this lip syn problem>
[Post New]
I also am having an out of sync sound issue. I'm using Power Director 11 and I cant figure out how to get the sound tract and the lips of the actors in sync. I unlinked the sound tract but I was unable to move it. It would be nice if I could switch to a time line view so I could see the frames better. This is not an intuitive program.
[Post New]
Hi,
I think VideoReDo TVSuite V4 is a better choice of a program that will allow you to adjust the audio syn. http://www.videoredo.com/en/index.htm

I hope it provides you with the capabilities you are looking for.

[Post New]
Since out of sync sound is a common issue, Im surprised it's so hard getting answers or finding products that do the job. I checked out the link you gave. No where does it say that program can fix the type of sound sync issue I have. Thats my problem..all these programs look like they could fix the issue, but later you find out they cant fix the problem. Im waiting for CyberLink tech support to get back to me. I was told I could perform that function with this program. They also have an audio editing program that I might get.
[Post New]
Although it might not advertise it, the attached is a screen shot of the tool that is available in VideoReDo
[Thumb - 9-10-2013 9-25-32 PM.png]
 Filename
9-10-2013 9-25-32 PM.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
276 time(s)
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6063 Offline
[Post New]
It is against forum protocol, and bad manners, to use this forum for other software discussions. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)/Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/7,200rpm/w10x64---
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5. Tape capture using 4 VCR, TBC, Sony D8 camcorder.
https://www.facebook.com/B-Gill-Cyber-Studio-609762572849441
[Post New]
My apology. It will not happen again.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6063 Offline
[Post New]
Just trying to save you some grief.
What type of file does TIVO create?
Could you upload a 5-10 second ORIGINAL video file, no conversion, no nuthin', directly from TIVO?
Attach it here and maybe that might prompt someone to get involved.
Also, does ME5 cause sync issues with other files you have tried? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)/Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/7,200rpm/w10x64---
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5. Tape capture using 4 VCR, TBC, Sony D8 camcorder.
https://www.facebook.com/B-Gill-Cyber-Studio-609762572849441
[Post New]
Well I got my answer from Tech support. Apparently Power Director 11 can not fix out of sync video.
Ashley [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 23, 2014 13:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
i have a video i have music and i want to put them together so they are in time how does one do this
Ashley [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 23, 2014 13:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
i have director suite live...
[Post New]
Quote: Well I got my answer from Tech support. Apparently Power Director 11 can not fix out of sync video.

If I may pop in, I was testing out PD12 and had to fix some out of sync audio/video and did it by simply dragging the one of them over until it matched up in the Preview playback and then it was fine... There is a caveat with this however, that the sync problem must be constant (ie. behind/ahead by the same amount throughout the entire clip, so the playback stays the same [ahead or behind] the whole way through) in order to be fixed in this way. If the sync problem is time based, or variable [where it moves forward and backward throughout a longer clip], then it could still be corrected for; but it is a lot harder than just dragging the clips around, then. Yeesh, I'd hate to deal with that...

I suppose you could mess with the time-codes (which I don't think PD does) or just make a ton of splits when it gets out of sync and fix it manually that way, bit by bit..
Reply to this topic