Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Solving the Error Code 0012 problem
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2010 06:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have a Sony AGN-FZ38GU pre instaled with Vista Ultimate. I installed Ultra 9 sucessfully and after the patches all worked well. I then decided to upgrade to Windows 7 via upgrade rather than new installation.

After Windows 7 installation I continuously received the Error 0012 problem although the BD Advisor stated everything was ok.

I eventually solved it by going to the Sony Support web page and downloading the original Nvidia drivers for Vista and reinstalling. All works fine now and there is no 0012 error code anymore.

Not being an IT wiz, I believe that Windows 7 installs the latest drivers, such as Nvidia but doesnt take into account that some computers have specific versions of drivers for certain machine manufaturers. This seems clear when I went to the Nvidia web site to get the latest driver and it said I should get it from Sony. Therefore the solution is to try to reinstall your original drivers after upgrading to Windows 7.

I hope this helps others out there. I worked for me.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear David,

thanks for your explanation - I' am sure it will be helpful to some users outside in the field

Greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan