Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Paremeter is incorrect - Downloaded Media
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
Well I am stumped and frustrated. Latest version of PD365

If I am in the media room and I click on Downloaded, I keep getting a popup "The parameter is incorrect"

If I click into a section, such as background music, and then click on downloaded underneath it, I can see the files

Sometimes, If i am in icon mode instead of list view and I click downladed in the media room, I an see everything. But when I switch to list view, I get the error.

Problem is I can't see any downloaded videos or photos if I dont have acess to the Downloaded menu item

I deleted my shutterfly cache. I deleted all the downloaded audio from the folder. I uninstalled and reinstalled PD365 but the issue remains.

Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope.
[Thumb - parameter.jpg]
 Filename
parameter.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
error message
 Filesize
25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag
 Filesize
140 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
511 time(s)
[Thumb - downloaded.jpg]
 Filename
downloaded.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
downloaded
 Filesize
24 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to see you posting about so many issues

I can confirm the "Parameter is incorrect" issue, and to me it looks like some kind of uninitialized parameter bug with the UX.

I can always trigger the bug by clicking on Sound Clips after Download, but usually I can click on Media Content and then all other tabs become available. I also noticed that the view changes from Icons to Details without my doing so, and I seem to have better luck accessing Downloaded after changing back to Icon view.

If things gets too unwieldy you can just close PD and try again. Eventually I've always been able to get access to the Downloaded contents.

Here's a screen recording of what I saw:

I've reported this on ticket CS002332108

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 16. 2021 12:24

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
After some back and forth with CL tech support, it turns out that they couldn't duplicate the issue on their 10 test machines, but they said they knew which process was to blame.

The good news is that everything looks good on my system with the latest update, so it looks like the issue is not present in the June 2021 release of PD365 (v19.6.3016).

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote After some back and forth with CL tech support, it turns out that they couldn't duplicate the issue on their 10 test machines, but they said they knew which process was to blame.

The good news is that everything looks good on my system with the latest update, so it looks like the issue is not present in the June 2021 release of PD365 (v19.6.3016).

During my live stream yeaterday one of the viewers said they were experiencing this issue. I pointed him to the forum. He may not have downloaded the latest update. Hopefully he finds this post and updates the program using the application manager. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote After some back and forth with CL tech support, it turns out that they couldn't duplicate the issue on their 10 test machines, but they said they knew which process was to blame.

10, now that's funny. They are a company of over 300 employees to aid problem resolution, I guess lots of pen and paper.

Jeff
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]

I updated to the latest (19.7.3115.0) version this morning (2021-07-31), and I am having this problem. Jerry Schwartz
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I updated to the latest (19.7.3115.0) version this morning (2021-07-31), and I am having this problem.

I haven't seen the issue in either the June or July release. Do you have any content in the Downloaded pane? Can you make a screen recording that shows what happens and which items you've clicked on previously?
RichInKy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2022 11:07 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I am a new PD 20 user and have been editing only 1 project, just one. I was going along with no problems, then this error started showing up. It isn't hard to make it happen, just click on any of the left side media content boxes and it will error. This is with NO project open and after just starting PD 20.

It started very shortly after I started downloading the free stuff from the Cyberlink site. I had used some of the music and templates so it was difficult to swap those out for delivered media. After I made the swap I deleted all of the imported ones (right-click, remove from disk). I saved, then played my project. It went a bit then I got a message that PD 20 program had stopped, but I waited and soon it started running again. Then I modified each of the music lines to fade in/out as needed...... then PD 20 just disappeared, no warning, nothing.

I opened it back up again and of course all the fades had gone away (why isn't there a right-click fade option?) I did all the fades again, saved the project and now I'm not getting the "Parameter is incorrect" error message anymore.

I'm done downloading from the Cyberlink free site. I don't need any more bugs.