Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
highest possible rendering?
JoeZ99 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 12, 2014 08:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
I currently have PD-17. The camera I use the most is an Insta360 1X, which is a 360 deg camera.

The camera can record at 5.7K.

PD-17 can only render to 4K. Some users, as I found in these forums, have developed work arounds but a bit too complicated for me. So, I'm wondering if PD 19 and/or 365 can render a 5.7K video.

I see on YouTube a number of channels where the videographer uses the same camera and renders to 5.7K but they're using Premier.

I'll spring for an upgrade to PD19 or 365 if it can do this- otherwise, I'll have to abandon PD and move to Premier. I like PD though so I hope I don't have to make that move- which will be more expensive than upgrading PD.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
No version of PD has the default ability to produce above 4K, but it's very easy to create a custom profile to do so.

The quickest way to do that is to read this section of a related (and technical) discussion. The files can be downloaded from this OneDrive folder and then follow the steps in the final post there.

When you're ready to produce, you can find the custom profile under the H.265 HEVC, MP4 extension and Custom Profile type. It will take a powerful GPU to produce your video using that profile so if you'r PC isn't up to the task it may take a long time.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JoeZ99 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 12, 2014 08:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
optodata,

Thanks for your suggestion but I kinda dislike messing with files. Since you were able to do it- I can't understand why PD can't incoroporate that into the program so we don't have to mess with the files.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry that I didn't notice your response until just now, but the file you'd be "messing with" is a simple text file where you'd only need to change a few settings. You can even simply download the version I've created and save it on your system. There's really nothing to it!

PD is built with specific aspect ratios hardwired in, but the profiles it produces to are limited by the software when you're creating them, which is why you can specify higher pixel sizes outside of PD.

I believe PD's designers want to keep the easily available output profiles within the range of most people's PCs, as higher resolutions generally require more expensive hardware and potentially much longer producing times.