Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DirectorSuite365 - Is it really EVERYTHING included?
browniee112 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 28, 2017 03:57 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
DirectorSuite365 - Is it really EVERYTHING included? I know you get the PD, CDR, Photodirector and Audiodirector.

Do you also get ALL premium effects, ALL 3rd party effects and transitions etc? I cannot find anywhere that explicitly states this.
For eg,

All NewBlueFX 1 - 7 versions, All adorage etc included?
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/add-ons/powerdirector/video-fx/newblue_en_US.html

It is a bit confusing to get all this info. Also looked here but it says you get all premium plugings/effects but also says 3rd party only selected few - https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/comparison_en_AU.html
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote DirectorSuite365 - Is it really EVERYTHING included? I know you get the PD, CDR, Photodirector and Audiodirector.

Do you also get ALL premium effects, ALL 3rd party effects and transitions etc? I cannot find anywhere that explicitly states this.
For eg,

All NewBlueFX 1 - 7 versions, All adorage etc included?
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/add-ons/powerdirector/video-fx/newblue_en_US.html

It is a bit confusing to get all this info. Also looked here but it says you get all premium plugings/effects but also says 3rd party only selected few - https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/comparison_en_AU.html

Watch as I scroll in the video you will see it all.

PowerDirector Tutorials Team
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
browniee112, I think it's pretty specific which NewBlue effects one gets here, if CL table is correct: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=23375&prodId=4&prodVerId=1339&CategoryId=-1&keyword

I had put in a suggestion many versions back asking for improvements, it was here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/75/40351.page#post_box_221090 It didn't gain any traction for PD14 or since. Many user frustrations through the years, some users have mentioned they just buy NB effects on the outside to avoid PD release offering complications.

I maintain a table for my own needs, shown in the attached pic. It's valid for the PD products that I purchased which was typically the "Ultimate Suite" or "Director Suite". For any version of PD listed in the table, I have the right hand "Composite" column, basically bits and pieces from different releases.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD_NBEffects.png]
 Filename
PD_NBEffects.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
34 time(s)
browniee112 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks everyone that helps. So it is not really EVERYTHING included as in there are a whole heap of third party fx transitions etc that are missing even though the Director 365 advertising material says "unlimited access" and gives you the false feeling that you pay the subscription and you get everything. Glad that I did the research and asked here.
Pavel_Kolotilov
Newbie Location: Oslo, Norway Joined: Jan 10, 2016 13:29 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]

Watch as I scroll in the video you will see it all.

Great review, PowerDirector Tutorials! Myself, I am more interested in the contect packs, to add all that stupid cheasy graphics around my children (I am getting old, you know ). I saw that they are all included.

By the way, I do not agree with you about the Suite vs PowerDirector. I got AudioDirector and PhotoDirector for free from Cyberlink with other programs, so the only thing that I am missing is ColorDirector. And I never had a need for it anyway. So, PowerDirector 365 is more then enough for me.

Now they offer 30% off the price of 365. Were you talking about that discount or you think they can do better?

Regards,

Pavel

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 17. 2018 09:38

Best regards,

Pavel Kolotilov
Pavel_Kolotilov
Newbie Location: Oslo, Norway Joined: Jan 10, 2016 13:29 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
By the way, there is a trick to the 30% discount price. You get it only during the first year. See, what it says when you buy the subscription:

PowerDirector 365 (Annual Plan – 12 months) - $48.99
This product is a paid subscription. After 1 year the price for this product is $87.49 if you wish to continue using it. You can renew or cancel your subscription at any time. Best regards,

Pavel Kolotilov
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote After 1 year the price for this product is $87.49 if you wish to continue using it. You can renew or cancel your subscription at any time.

Probably even more subtle than that concerning these NB effects. I don't think you will be allowed to continue using the version you initially leased via the 365 option, your continued use if you purchase a new lease as I understand it will be an upgrade to the current PD release offering when it occurs. Since these NB effect offerings change with PD releases and people often change computers, one appears to have very little control over which NB effects you may have at your disposal, unless of course you purchase them outright.

With the perpetual license at least you have the NB effects, it's just a nightmare to reload all the old versions of PD just to have a complete set of NB effects that you've purchased through CL PD releases over the years.

Jeff
browniee112 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote By the way, there is a trick to the 30% discount price. You get it only during the first year. See, what it says when you buy the subscription:

PowerDirector 365 (Annual Plan – 12 months) - $48.99
This product is a paid subscription. After 1 year the price for this product is $87.49 if you wish to continue using it. You can renew or cancel your subscription at any time.

Hi thanks for pointing that out.

We purchased the Ultimate version also with the Colordirector but only to find out that a lot of the Newblue and Prodad stuff aren't included.
More over, also was hoping to try out the AI Style packs as well. Apparently these are only coming with the Director Suite 365.

So if we purchase the DirectorSuite 365 for 12months on Christmas/NY special deal, when the next year renewal time comes, I should be able to renew with the same special deal, right(assuming CL will offer special rates at NY time)? I cannot afford the full price for subscription model but it looks like every year since PD15, 16 and now 17 I just buy the new version and do not use the previous ones at all. Which is why we were thinking of maybe the Director Suite 365 might be good option?

Thoughts?