Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[PDR17] GM3 2224 Beta Patch Now Available.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Members,

CyberLink has released a Beta Patch for PowerDirector 17 for testing, which will update your PowerDirector to v2224. Please keep in mind that it is a beta version of the next GM release, and only install if you are willing to assist in the beta testing of this version.

Note: this patch is NOT for the subscription version, OEM versions, UWP versions, volume license, or versions purchased via Steam.

Downloader URL:
Link removed. All these updates and more available here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77831.page

Release notes:
- Adds support for enabling NVIDIA NVENC hardware acceleration with driver version 416 or above.*
- Improves the preview performance when using undo/redo in Title Designer.
- Improves the performance of Intel OpenVINO in AI Style Plugin.
- Fixes the issue that variation of wave (frequency) is reset after previewing.
- Fixes the issue that program sometimes selects a different on top object after selecting the bottom object in Keyframe Settings.
- Fixes the issue that applied audio effects in the Audio Editor are gone after opening a project.
- Fixes the issue that SVRT becomes 0% workload reduced after adding a clip to the timeline.
- Fixes the issue that the track with title template is disabled if saved twice in Title Designer.
- Adds sort by date modified in the Media Room.
- Adds support for enabling Intel OpenVINO* hardware acceleration for the AI Style Plugin.
- Adds support for precut information in packed projects.
- Adds support for applying color look-up tables (CLUTs) in the Action Camera Center.
- Adds support for importing multiple color look-up tables (CLUTs) in Fix/Enhance.
- Improves the program stability when editing 360 video.
- Improves the program stability when editing titles in the Title Designer and on the preview screen.
- Improves the program stability when selecting multiple clips on the same track and then clicking “More features” or right clicking to access to context menu.
- Improves the performance of DV-AVI video preview.
- Improves the compatibility for long file named color look-up tables (CLUTs).
- Fixes the issue that title text moves unexpectedly when adjusting blur of font face with border applied.
- Fixes the issue that the opening video is repeated during the disc preview.
- Fixes the issue that converted video from AI Style Plugin is upside down if the source video is rotated 180 degrees.
- Fixes the issue that clips with auto rotate information is not displayed correctly in Video Collage Designer.
- Fixes the issue that the program sometimes crashes when switching capture source when capturing from a TV signal.
- Fixes the issue that the rotate control on preview screen cannot be used if it is overlapped by another object.
- Fixes the issue that some images in an Express Projects are not displayed on the timeline.
- Fixes the issue that produced video is trimmed unexpectedly if the end of project is audio only.

* this update does not remove support for the previous API used in older drivers.
**Intel Skylake or newer CPU with iGPU is required.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 03. 2018 19:53

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Cartof [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2017 06:12 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
CyberLink has released a Beta Patch for PowerDirector 17 for testing, which will update your PowerDirector to v2224.

Release notes:
- Adds support for enabling NVIDIA NVENC hardware acceleration with driver version 416 or above.*

Thank you very much CyberLink teams for pushing the fix, here are my tests on a 5 GB 2560x1440 (1440p) h.264 file:

1080p rendering:

CyberLink PowerDirector 17 Ultimate - 16 minutes - 4.33 GB (extraordinary 45% use of my GTX1080)
Pinnacle Studio 22 Ultimate - 29 min - 3.9 GB

1440p rendering:

PD17U - 27 min - 8.1 GB
PS22U - 28 min - 7.16 GB

4K rendering:

PD17U - 1h 10 min - 21.3 GB
PS22U - 1h 3 min - 20.3 GB

Except first one - all rendering tests used between 20% and 25% of the GTX1080 video card.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
PDM, a little feedback on this beta release.

I get a lot of "The Parameter is Incorrect" dialog box after H.264 video is produced during the automatic import of produced clip back to the edit library. This does not occur with H.265 produced files.

I've tried a bunch of various SVRT related tasks and the SVRT improvement appears more robust, I never broke it which was easy to do previously.

Thanks for the added note to clarify what drivers this patch might be suitable for vs trial and error testing.

None of the 60i formats are supported for NVENC hardware encoding with a RTX2070, 416.34 drivers and this PD17 beta patch 2224 for H.264 MKV and M2TS containers. These 60i formats are available for other Nvidia GPU's such as GTX1070, 1060, 970, 960, and 650 which I've evaluated to name a few.

For instance, default profiles
AVC 1920x1080/60i (24Mbps) is not available for NVENC hardware encoding with RTX2070
AVC 1920x1080/60i (16Mbps) is not available for NVENC hardware encoding with RTX2070

The 60p formats are supported with RTX2070.

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I get a lot of "The Parameter is Incorrect" dialog box after H.264 video is produced during the automatic import of produced clip back to the edit library. This does not occur with H.265 produced files.

Additional info, this error of media import after produce appears to occur when you have the media library set to the new beta feature
"- Adds sort by date modified in the Media Room."
and you are producing H.264.

If you leave the media library sort set as the normal "Name" default, the error will not occur. You can also change it to "Date Modified" after a successful produce and import back to the media library and the error will not occur and a proper date modified sort is done.

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]

Additional info, this error of media import after produce appears to occur when you have the media library set to the new beta feature
"- Adds sort by date modified in the Media Room."
and you are producing H.264.

If you leave the media library sort set as the normal "Name" default, the error will not occur. You can also change it to "Date Modified" after a successful produce and import back to the media library and the error will not occur and a proper date modified sort is done.

Jeff

Attached is a very short pdf of the steps to replicate the error and a pic of the error msg.

Jeff
 Filename
PD17_ParmIncorrect.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
451 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
440 time(s)
Darsh1984 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2018 03:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Team,

I have a ticket for "GPU acceleration disabled" issue on my RTX 2080Ti with Power Director 17. Ticket ID: CS001949579. Installing this patch seems to have resolved the issue however there is lag when keeping "Enable preview while rendering" option & sometimes that results in video editing process being stuck at some % then we have to start all over again. Although I would like to appreciate that you guys made this patch available but I wanted to ask you if you can add support for 2560x1440 resolution which is popular amongst gamers who wish to play games at 2K resolution. Please consider this if you can in your next patch for Power Director 17. Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 31. 2018 04:25

MICKAELFR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 04, 2018 07:04 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
Me the software reams on these drivers Nvidia! Forced to stay in 399.xx while I have a pc gamers with a GTX 1070 8go!
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is there an ETA for the full release of this patch?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there an ETA for the full release of this patch?

Hopefully it's imminent! Color Director (part of DirectorSuite 365) just got updated to v7.0.2231.0 today, and the new version includes the fix to use 416.xx drivers.

I imagine PD17's subscritpion update will be coming very soon
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hopefully it's imminent! Color Director (part of DirectorSuite 365) just got updated to v7.0.2231.0 today, and the new version includes the fix to use 416.xx drivers.

I imagine PD17's subscritpion update will be coming very soon

Hopefully continued emphasis/implementation by CL is imminent vs being caught in this well advertised position. SDK updates which expose the new encoder improvements and features of Turing will be released shortly, simply adopting this current stop gap SDK is not a valid go forward solution in my view, I'd like to see real support going forward in near future patches.

Jeff
[Post New]
"Adds support for enabling Intel OpenVINO* hardware acceleration for the AI Style Plugin"

Looking to see what is that, I found out that is the neural accelerator USB stick from Intel. Verison 2 just got released yesterday:
https://www.engadget.com/2018/11/14/intel-neural-compute-stick-2/

Aaand... today I have bought one (for $99 plus shipping) fromMouser (the official distribuitor in US for those).
I can't wait to play with it!
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote "Adds support for enabling Intel OpenVINO* hardware acceleration for the AI Style Plugin"

Looking to see what is that, I found out that is the neural accelerator USB stick from Intel. Verison 2 just got released yesterday:
https://www.engadget.com/2018/11/14/intel-neural-compute-stick-2/

Aaand... today I have bought one (for $99 plus shipping) fromMouser (the official distribuitor in US for those).
I can't wait to play with it!

I will be waiting to read your follow up post, review and how playing went, interesting gadget. Should be very exciting to see your videos with CL AI Style's transform into works of art like it was painted by Van Gogh himself with accelerated speed!

Jeff
[Post New]

I will be waiting to read your follow up post, review and how playing went, interesting gadget. Should be very exciting to see your videos with CL AI Style's transform into works of art like it was painted by Van Gogh himself with accelerated speed!

Jeff

Oh, I hate you tongue-out
Now I saw that the packs are $150 each.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 19. 2018 21:33

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]

Release notes:
- Fixes the issue that SVRT becomes 0% workload reduced after adding a clip to the timeline.

Yes a fix for some simple or complex timelines, no for others. It can even be wrong for a very simple timeline with a couple of clips in main track as shown in pic. In this case it CPU rendered everything after the first PIP in track 2.

SVRT issue affects both 2224 beta and the production 2314 release.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD17_SVRT.PNG]
 Filename
PD17_SVRT.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
141 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hopefully continued emphasis/implementation by CL is imminent vs being caught in this well advertised position. SDK updates which expose the new encoder improvements and features of Turing will be released shortly, simply adopting this current stop gap SDK is not a valid go forward solution in my view, I'd like to see real support going forward in near future patches.

Jeff

Since SDK is no longer beta and was released by Nvidia for Turing NVENC support, it would be nice to see a PD17 product that supports the change, natively, not that simply functions. Several other encoders provided there prerelease with the beta SDK so curious to see when CL will provide a production patch for PD.

Jeff