Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PIP designer custom motion effect
Richard [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Jan 04, 2009 08:23 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I am trying to to have multiple clips follow each other right to left across the screen with a gap between them.

I have created a custom PIP path that starts with the clip off the the left hand side of the screen and scrolls across to finish off the fight hand side of the screen. I have applied the same path to both clips and have the second clip in PIP#2 with an overlap of about 45%.

My problem is that there doesn't appear to be any way of controlling the speed of motion across the screen, so that the clips will either "overtake" or run over the top of each other or get left behind so that the space between them widens.

I assume for it to work all clips will have to be exactly the same duration, which mine are not.

Does anyone know how to set the path speeds so this won't happen?

*****UPDATE
I have tried the above using identical length clilps and am still running into the same speed issue. There must be somewhere I can put the handles to get consistency.

Richard

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2010 19:54

Richard

Camera Canon HG21 PAL, PD-Ultra v8.00.2508
PC Asus KFN32-D SLI, Dual Opteron 2216, 4GB ECC Registered, Nvidia Quadro FX5600 Driver v181.20, Vista x64 Ultimate SP2, Plenty of fast HDD Space.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Richard
Two methods.

1. You can split a clip and the action of the fisrt part will travel at the same speed as the one you're trying to marry up to.
Downside: You'll have to reset the second part and align the display to hold at the end point.

2. Easier option.
Use the Keyframe marker and duplicate a position for the video to hold at the end (or along any part of the Motion Path). By doing this the first part will flow at the speed you want and then hold at the end (or wherever) and display.

I hope that makes sense.

see images here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/9621.page#50119

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 28. 2010 04:09

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Richard,

A PIP motion tutorial is available here. The tutorial demonstrates PIP motion as applied to images, but the same Key Frame principles (or basics), also apply to your scenario of small clips drifting across a screen, where you can create pauses, or speed changes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/6/4gPt7y6ipo0
Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Richard [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Jan 04, 2009 08:23 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, I have sused it out now, I was clicking on the wrong handle to position the frame, now how do you "bring to front" a PIP track.

In photoshop or illustrator you can send to back, send to front, or send one back or send one forward. How can this be done with multiple PIP tracks? It seems as though it is related to the the time order in which they are placed.

Richard

Camera Canon HG21 PAL, PD-Ultra v8.00.2508
PC Asus KFN32-D SLI, Dual Opteron 2216, 4GB ECC Registered, Nvidia Quadro FX5600 Driver v181.20, Vista x64 Ultimate SP2, Plenty of fast HDD Space.