Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I create a rotating prism Effect like Mariah Carey Christmas Video?
Gav [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2021 18:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I'd be happy if someone could point me in the right direction. I am attempting to create a rotating image of santa claus as seen in the Mariah Carey All I want for christmas Video. The Kaleidescope effect isnt quite right as this inverts the images to suit. Im looking to rotate numerous images but to maintain upright position. I hope this makes sense.
Many Thanks
Gav

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 10. 2022 19:20

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi
I'd be happy if someone could point me in the right direction. I am attempting to create a rotating image of santa claus as seen in the Mariah Carey All I want for christmas Video. The Kaleidescope effect isnt quite right as this inverts the images to suit. Im looking to rotate numerous images but to maintain upright position. I hope this makes sense.
Many Thanks
Gav

Hi,

No one's picked this up, so here's my best suggestion.

Don't think there's a single effect that you could use.

My best attempt is :

Get your santa image with a transparent background as a .png
Place your image on several timelines - depending how many you want.
Give each image a different motion track in PiP Designer
Use a blur effect as desired on each one - unfortunately there is no motion blur available
Give each image a size and opacity reduction as required.

I've attached a quick and dirty illustration to show the effect - not to showcase my aesthetic talents!!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
 Filename
rotating santa.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
12763 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
59 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 16. 2022 04:01

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Motion Blur can be accomplished in PD365 in a number of ways. 1. By offsetting an identical clip in track2 by 1 or 2 frames and setting the opacity to 50%, 2.The use of the new fx/Style Effect/Motion Trail and making the same appropriate settings for frame count and opacity, 3. PIP Designer/Motion tab/check Motion Blur for moving objects. Each of these will make the still background sharp while only the moving portion of the video becomes blurred.

There is a Kaleidoscope in the fx. Believe that the OP wants the one in the Mariah Carey Video while may take him weeks or months to create in his spare time