Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Graphic objects and Colour backgrounds
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
Two queries about using PD18 for a new project
1. Are there any objects - pointing fingers, arrows, teardrop markers and similar - available in the program? As in add a object to a track so that an element in the timeline clip is emphasized or pointed out. Are they are supplied, and if so where are they??

2. What I want to do is add a colour panel in the timeline, and add text in the text track to explain something. Are there colour panels - just plain colours such as red green sky blue white black - that can be seelcted/placed in a track?/and if so, where are they??
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Two queries about using PD18 for a new project
1. Are there any objects - pointing fingers, arrows, teardrop markers and similar - available in the program? As in add a object to a track so that an element in the timeline clip is emphasized or pointed out. Are they are supplied, and if so where are they??

2. What I want to do is add a colour panel in the timeline, and add text in the text track to explain something. Are there colour panels - just plain colours such as red green sky blue white black - that can be seelcted/placed in a track?/and if so, where are they??

Question 1: There are many objects on Director Zone. You can also download from Google images, check the copyright.

Question 2: PowerDirector has 'Color Boards' those are sold color images that can be any color and any size, you can place Titles on top of the color board.

Titles are in the Title Room, Color boards are on the Drop down in the media room. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
In addition, you may want to install the Tutorial Creation Pack if you have PD365. It's available from the App Manager under Effect Packs.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks to you both.
Carl,
I found the colours, great choice there.
The objects in Director zone were both more and less than I was looking for. More, in that the ones I found were good looking and really background images rather than small emphasis add-ins. Less, in that there really wasn't much of that small add-in that I could find. The google images were more what I was after, pointing fingers particularly, but the scope of copyright there is daunting. Free to use personally and/or not watermarked is not offered much.

Optodata,
Subscription software isn't my thing, so I don't have PD365. I still use Office 2000 not quite daily - because it does all that I want of it. Upgrade when needed - eg, an add-in pack to handle docx files. Similarly for Visio 2003 - the electrical drawings I do are handled fine by this program, not quite as old or as frequently used as the office 2000, but again, it does what I want it to do.

As you can see, I tend to stick with what works. Until it doesn't. My previous editor (of 12 years thru 12 versions broke repeatedly when I upgraded to win10 this year: eventually I gave up trying to fix it and moved on - and here I am) has a load of graphics that I saved, and have since found I can import and use - all in png or jpg formats - to PD18 on a per object basis.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Davidk101,

Your old images are still useful. There are many free photo/graphics editors.

Irfanview, Paint.net, Windows has Paint, Paint has been in Windows for many, many versions.

Of course, there are the paid programs (Photoshop) and the Free GIMP.

By the way, I am still using Microsoft Office 2000 on my Windows 10 computer. I do have the converter for Docx files. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Davidk101
[Post New]
Quote Davidk101,

Your old images are still useful. There are many free photo/graphics editors.

Irfanview, Paint.net, Windows has Paint, Paint has been in Windows for many, many versions.

Of course, there are the paid programs (Photoshop) and the Free GIMP.

By the way, I am still using Microsoft Office 2000 on my Windows 10 computer. I do have the converter for Docx files.

Wow. And here I was thinking I am alone in using old working generally bug-free software.