Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
combine clips
DennyMan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2018 14:36 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I want to join clips together but couldn't find anything in the manual. However, perhaps 5 people online have said that I just need to select each clip and then right click and select combine. That make perfect sense, but whenever I do that "Combine" does come up but it is greyed out. I have tried this many times after restarting the program, rebooting my computer, and making sure that the two clips are totally uneditted in anyway. I know some people have said that I should just group them but the "combine" command seems like the way to go and it obviously has worked for some people.
Also, I have tried this with clips that were split 1 or 2 times as well as trying to combine separate files.
Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10. 2018 14:51

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I've just tried. It works. Have you tried a diffenrent clip with a different codec? E.g. MP4 instead of AVI?

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
DennyMan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I've just tried. It works. Have you tried a diffenrent clip with a different codec? E.g. MP4 instead of AVI?

Hatti

I have tried several MP4 clips as wells as .mpg clips but "combine" is always greyed and therefore unusable.
Could there be something else I am doing wrong in terms of selecting the clips in the first place?
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know. What I did:

1. import a MP4 clip.

2. drag the clip to the timeline, track 1

3. split clip on any timecode.

4. select both clip parts on timeline, select right mouse button - combine.

Voila.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
DennyMan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Unfortunately nothing works. This should be the most simple procedure. Maybe I need to reinstall the software.
Hatti, thanks for your time
[Post New]
Quote Unfortunately nothing works. This should be the most simple procedure. Maybe I need to reinstall the software.
Hatti, thanks for your time

Note:
Combine only works to join what has been Divided, in the same video clip.
It is the same as undoing a wrong Division.
Does not work if part of the video is missing.
It does not work to combine video sequences with different name or numbering.

I use, [1 time] Split, to uncertain a transition, [2 times] Split to delimit part to delete from the vide. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate