Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Scrolling text question
NorbertL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 29, 2017 11:20 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I would like scrolling vertical text to begin at a fixed position on the screen and then start scrolling. I don't want the text to begin off screen and then scroll up. I've been using the ending credits titler but that starts off screen.
[Post New]
Quote I would like scrolling vertical text to begin at a fixed position on the screen and then start scrolling. I don't want the text to begin off screen and then scroll up. I've been using the ending credits titler but that starts off screen.

A suggestion.
Use the opacity to hide the text to the position that should appear, see image

Another option, for short title only, creates an image with text, and background transparent, in Pip Designer move as you want
[Thumb - scroltext.jpg]
 Filename
scroltext.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
211 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
NorbertL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I would like scrolling vertical text to begin at a fixed position on the screen and then start scrolling. I don't want the text to begin off screen and then scroll up. I've been using the ending credits titler but that starts off screen.

A suggestion.
Use the opacity to hide the text to the position that should appear, see image

Another option, for short title only, creates an image with text, and background transparent, in Pip Designer move as you want

The opacity solution will work. Thanks.

You think CD would have a solution to start on screen like Premiere Elements does.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
You're right Norbert -

The scrolling credits are a bit "stuck in the mud".

One option I've used is to overlay a duplicate video & mask it so the credits begin to appear from the desired point. The timeline looks like this:

... and it looks like this:

I've attached the mask I used for that one.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Text Mask2.png]
 Filename
Text Mask2.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
NorbertL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You're right Norbert -

The scrolling credits are a bit "stuck in the mud".

One option I've used is to overlay a duplicate video & mask it so the credits begin to appear from the desired point. The timeline looks like this:

... and it looks like this:

I've attached the mask I used for that one.

Cheers - Tony

Tony,

Thanks.
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Norbert,

I just put a tutorial together that does this. I created it before I read your inquiry here. It's the same technique Tony writes about. It's here.

Jim
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Norbert,

I just put a tutorial together that does this. I created it before I read your inquiry here. It's the same technique Tony writes about. It's here.

Jim

Nice demonstration! Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
nanu055 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2018 03:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
hello
nanu055 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2018 03:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
thanx for thihs post.. liked it
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Hatti,

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback from someone with your expertise.

I appreciate all you do for the Cyberlink community.

--Jim