Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
videos in MP4 always have blank video (but audio is good)
tjhorton [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2018 21:23 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Fresh install on a new system, PowerDirector produces MP4 videos with blank video. I've tried every possible way to create one. PowerDirector16, windows 7 64-bit, all updates applied.

What kind of product doesn't get the most popular format right from the very start?
[Post New]
Quote Fresh install on a new system, PowerDirector produces MP4 videos with blank video. I've tried every possible way to create one. PowerDirector16, windows 7 64-bit, all updates applied.

What kind of product doesn't get the most popular format right from the very start?

You need to provide more details, if possible a screenshot that tries to show the problem. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
tjhorton [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2018 21:23 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Blank video means no video, only audio. There is no screenshot.

I tried to upload the "Produce" page settings, but there is no way to insert a screen shot in my reply here. The popup for insert/edit an image demands an https URL. What?!

I found a posting to set the registry entry for VideoRendering to VRM9, which worked, although the movie is now 30% bigger.

This is silly. I've had the product for a few days, and I can't tell you how many ridiculous things I've learned. Does Cyberlink ever test their product designs with novel users? All the way through, every feature? I know not.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I would be upset, too. But as far as I know, there are no users, that had that kind of problem. MP4 producing is fundamental for a consumer product, and of course, PD16 is able to do that. So it must be a speciality with your system. And to solve the problem, we need to work out that speciality. We have to learn something about your computer, that is the reason why the DXDiag-File should be provided. And to answer your question: I am not sure, too, that CyberLink does a usability test with novel users. But tell us about your ridiculous things.
Maybe it is possible, if you have more messages and "proofed" as a nice user, there is an "Attachments" button below the editor window. There you can upload up to 3 files. So screenshots of your produce window would be nice.

So now to the question to hopefully see, what the problem is:

1. Did you install the product to the standard path (C:\Programs\...) or did you install it to a different location. If so, install at the standard path.

2. Do you use more than one monitor? If so, deactivate it for the tests.

3. What about your system? Please provide a DxDiag.txt of your computer (https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63543.page)

4. Do you have a codec pack installed? The K-Lite codec pack is recommended. Please do and produce a small file.

5. What is the player of your produced videos? I found, that VLC plays almost everything, but there might be other preferrences.

6. Please get MediaInfo (it's free). The info of a produced video would be interesting.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I would be upset, too. But as far as I know, there are no users, that had that kind of problem. MP4 producing is fundamental for a consumer product, and of course, PD16 is able to do that. So it must be a speciality with your system. And to solve the problem, we need to work out that speciality. We have to learn something about your computer, that is the reason why the DXDiag-File should be provided. And to answer your question: I am not sure, too, that CyberLink does a usability test with novel users. But tell us about your ridiculous things.
Maybe it is possible, if you have more messages and "proofed" as a nice user, there is an "Attachments" button below the editor window. There you can upload up to 3 files. So screenshots of your produce window would be nice.

So now to the question to hopefully see, what the problem is:

1. Did you install the product to the standard path (C:\Programs\...) or did you install it to a different location. If so, install at the standard path.

2. Do you use more than one monitor? If so, deactivate it for the tests.

3. What about your system? Please provide a DxDiag.txt of your computer (https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63543.page)

4. Do you have a codec pack installed? The K-Lite codec pack is recommended. Please do and produce a small file.

5. What is the player of your produced videos? I found, that VLC plays almost everything, but there might be other preferrences.

6. Please get MediaInfo (it's free). The info of a produced video would be interesting.

Hatti

Here's the simplest question, and possibly the most likely reason for blank video with good audio.

Is there a tick in the little square to the left of the video track timeline? If not, put one in and all will be well.

If it's not that, at least it's something else eliminated. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,