Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Confirmation please: Slideshow customize issue.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
When a project has an intermix of videos and slideshows, CUSTOMIZING an exiting slideshow by increasing the time period of the overall slideshow sequence creates an erroneous overlap (insertion error) with the adjacent following clip. The correct action would be to move all items to the right keeping the integrity of the sequence.

The workaround is to temporarily move the slideshow to an open track, make the customizing changes and then re-insert the new longer slideshow. PD16 correrctly moves everything over to the right using this method. Win 10, i7
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All Vodi -

Yes - I'll confirm that.

Steps I took:

1. Set up timeline with mix of stills & video

2. Select group of photos > Slideshow > Motion > Advanced Editing > Return to timeline (adjacent media adjusts position)

3. Select Motion slideshow > Customise > Adjust timings on individual photos to increase overall duration)

4. On return to timeline, longer slideshow overlaps adjacent clip.

Observations:

1. The same thing happens if you shorten the overall duration - adjacent clip stays put & leaves gap

2. The adjcent clip is unaffected. i.e. duration maintained so it can be put right manually.

3. Issue doesn't occur if slideshow is modified not via Customise button.

Timeline screenshot attached.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. On a happier note, I really like the feature in the Motion template that allows customised timing for each photo.
[Thumb - Slideshow Customise.jpg]
 Filename
Slideshow Customise.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
935 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony. That's exactly the scenario.

Ditto on the motion timing option. It has a quirk as well:when you enter a new time selection the enter key must be used. Otherwise it resort's to the previous time selection. It is about time for this feature!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2018 09:10

LuisPS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 10, 2015 00:50 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks Tony. That's exactly the scenario.

Ditto on the motion timing option. It has a quirk as well:when you enter a new time selection the enter key must be used. Otherwise it resort's to the previous time selection. It is about time for this feature!

Hi Experts,

I just can't find where to edit the duration of each slide (or the overall). The duration of the two pictures is 7 seconds each: selecting them, clicking slideshow and selecting "Motion", produces a 9 second slideshow. No way to change the duration (with or without Enter key). Customizing the slideshow only gives me the option to change the path and size of the movement for each slide, but not the duration.

What am I missing? Any help would be most welcome!

I am using PD 15 Ultra in case it may be version-specific.

Thanks in advance!

Luis
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Luis -

Yes - it's version-specific. You won't find it in PDR15 because it was only introduced in PDR16. Sorry.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!