Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
help me please me cam wont turn on?!?!
aneka713 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2011 22:24 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]

I cannot uninstall my youcam 3 so I can load the disk of the update that I paid for. I am very frustrated and feel like the company sells the items but don't help you out with the problem. The company keeps sending the same e-mail that doesn't even start to work. first of all you can't click on the link you say to click on.
HSR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2011 14:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same problem but I have an Advent Netbook. The Webcam was working just last week. Now there is no light next to the camera and I am unable to turn it on. :/ not a happy bunny! I've tried the FN short cut relevent to my netbook and nothing. Ive gone into device manager and settings, everything you name it. I haven'tcalled up tech support yet incase the problem is really simple and I end up sounding like a bit of a tit. So any other help, is welcome!
ferfer23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2011 11:13 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
i have an integrated webcam and the program pre-installed for it is youcam but i cant see image its black or sometimes says youcam...please helppp
[Post New]
First, please check device manager to make sure built in camera is installed properly.

If all well at device manager, then open YouCam -> settings -> capture

and select your camera -> click on ok.

ferfer23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2011 11:13 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
in device manager it says my webcam is working properly and then i chose my webcam in capture and it still doesnt work
Lusinita [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 24, 2012 19:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Can someone please Help!!!!! everytime i go to click on the webcam nothing pops up. what i am trying to say is that it will not open. it worked fine before but now i don't know what to do. If someone can please help me out!!
Tyomni [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 12, 2011 12:31 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Lusinita, can You clarify before what? I mean when have You discovered it doesn't works properly?
marta001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2012 07:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have laptop samsung np300e5a-windows7. My webcam is working ( i checked on skype) but i can't turn on my youcam3, and i don't know why?!
venkatesh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2012 14:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just unplug all USB devices then try once.
Otherwise open your webcam at the top of the lense and just press the white button once right to the lense and you are done with your problem.
Janine [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2012 12:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
All I want is to Skype my friend in NewZeland but my HP Pavilion g series laptop which was advertised as having a built in webcam will not open youcam. Looking at some of these comments I'm not sure if the webcam exists!
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Janine,

Your best bet is to contact HP and ask for assistance, since the program is not working as advertised.

In the meantime, you could also download the Quick Start Guide for YouCam, which includes information about setting YouCam up for Skype. Links are below (not sure what version you have, so):

Version 4:
http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/user_guide/youcam/QSG/4/QuickStart.pdf

Version 5: http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/user_guide/youcam/QSG/5/QuickStart.pdf

Regards,
David
amy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2012 20:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've tried all these steps. My HP Pavilion dm4 is less than a year old. The webcam used to work - but is used very rarely - and now doesn't work. HP is offering to ship supplies to my house FREE of charge so I can ship laptop to them and be without my computer for up to 10 days. NOT HAPPY!!!
shayan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2012 08:03 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i had the same problem; no web cams attached stuff
n i found the reason by an accident after a long time ..
i was lookin for something on my desk then i had to move my lap top n see whats under it then a message poped that a new webcam is ready to use .... so i found out the cable was broken i took it to hp supplier n they changed the cable...
so check it maybe ur'e sharing the same problem
imran [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2013 14:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I have an hp dv series laptop with built in webcam.

I have been dealing with this problem for 2 weeks now. Everytime I go to turn on my Cyberlink Youcam I get the error message:

"No video device detected. Please plug a video device into your computer. If you use an intergrated camera please make sure the camera is switched on".

No matter what I've tried, it wont work. I've tried pressing fn and F6 keys and all that does is lock the computer and prompt me to switch to another user. Also "Image devises" is not even listed in device manager.

This problem is maddening and I'd really like to find a fix for this.
The funny thing is the camera was working a few weeks ago.

Any help would be appreciated
George [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2013 09:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I have just developed this same problem; Have an Advent desktop that has built in webcam that has OEM software 'YouCam (Version 1)' & has been working fine for the past 4 years with the installed software..up until last week when all of a sudden it ceased to function! the interface screen has all the buttons greyed out..i.e. files, settings, snapshot etc, so cannot access to try & set camera..accompanied with the same message 'error No video device detected....' I have even downloaded the patch from updates page..?

It only appeared since Cyberlink notified me about upgrading to version 5? has Cyberlink got a method of disabling the installed version so that you have to purchase upgrade? in which case this is sharp practice! I fail to see the need to upgrade when something has been working fine for so long..'if it aint broke don't fix it' is my credo.. can anybody help?
-1-steve-1- [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2013 08:06 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
hiya guys
im just guessing but has the connection just came loose?
if you just peal back the black rim from around the screen ( very gentle not to snap off the little luges) dont have to take it all off, just around where the cam is.
there will be a white plug and a black connector it may have just sliped out

i very well hope it helps
steve
Erin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2013 23:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Imran-I am having the same problem. Did you ever find out what is wrong?
Yesica [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 20, 2013 10:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
helfen! Ich habe einen Dell Laptop mit einem gebaut Cyberlink YouCam 5 vor geklappt hat, aber jetzt versuche ich, um diese Anwendung zu öffnen, und ich erhalte die Meldung: nicht erfasst keine Ausrüstung WEBCAM.CONECTE eine Webcam, um equpo. Bei Verwendung einer integrierten Kamera, dass diese MACHEN ON.
und ich habe viele Dinge ausprobiert, aber funktioniert nicht: (bitte helfen.
xShaneElite [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: May 26, 2013 14:04 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have a samsung laptop with Youcam v3. I have to run it as administrator and yet the icon appears in the notifications tray. However, Youcam doesn't turn on.

Help SJFS
laxman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 11, 2013 15:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
hjjkjkkl
laxman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 11, 2013 15:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
no webcam detected.try plugging in webcam into your computer now,if you are using integrated camera,make sire that is turned on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY question on how to turn on ????
please help me