Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Edit .mov files sound missing
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to edit a .mov file and discovered that the audio was missing in the produced .mov file. This was just a short test to determine if there were any problems editing these types of files, which I have never done before.

Any help much apprecitaed.

Just found I needed to change audio codec to LPCM and that worked !!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2015 05:11

Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
You need to have Quicktime installed for MOV files. Win 10, i7
kingsmeadow2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2015 09:12 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: You need to have Quicktime installed for MOV files.

PD installs some form of Quicktime, I assumed that is enough or am I wrong on this.
chrischris2000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 28, 2016 13:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I also just Produced to MOV and have no sound. Can you please explain "change audio codec to LPCM" Thank you

Quote I tried to edit a .mov file and discovered that the audio was missing in the produced .mov file. This was just a short test to determine if there were any problems editing these types of files, which I have never done before.

Any help much apprecitaed.

Just found I needed to change audio codec to LPCM and that worked !!!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I also just Produced to MOV and have no sound. Can you please explain "change audio codec to LPCM" Thank you

chrischris2000 - You really need to Create a New Topic as You posted on an old thread that the OP understands the answer to his question. No explanation was needed by that OP.

In the produce step choose the Quicktime that you want. Click the + button. Click the audio tab and click the down arrow to change from AAC to LPCM. In essence you created a new profile and is using it.

Let us know if this solves your problem.