Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD does not import MTS files??
Hassib [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2015 13:21 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,I have the fully paid PowerDirector12 Ultra installed on my PC (Win7 Pro 64-bit). I used to be able to import MTS files from my Canon Vixia HFM50 directly into PD12 Ultra and edit them. A few weeks ago, I reinstalled Win7 on my PC, then installed PD12 Ultra. Now I cannot import MTS files because it says the file is either broken or format not supported. I even tried to import older clips that I know for sure worked before. Now MTS does not work. I tried MPG and it does work. But I don't want to deal with converting from one format to another, etc. Too much hassle. Any solutions?Did Cyberlink disable this on purpose to force people to buy PD14??
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Hassib,
I can assure you the MTS import has not been disabled.
Be sure to have the latest PD patch for your version, and also make sure Quicktime is up-to-date. Try this...then get back to us. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Hassib [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Barry,

I updated PD12 with patch 4210. Then restarted the computer. Then I updated QuickTime with the latest version, and restarted the computer. I verified that QuickTime is running the latest version. Then I tried again, but still cannot import MTS file. I am able to play my MTS clip just fine with Windows Media Player. No problem whatsoever.

I used to be able to open the MTS files, I don't know what happened after Win 7 reinstall.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
This question should really be posted in the PD12 forum, but I think you should try a reinstall of 12. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Hassib [Avatar]
[Post New]
Attached is a test file (MTS) that I can play with Windows Media Player but cannot import with PD12 Ultra (updated with the latest patch, and with Quicktime up to date).
 Filename
00195.MTS
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1770 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
318 time(s)
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I see it has been downloaded a few times, so I'll skip that and wait to see what other suggestions come up.
I still say an uninstall, and registry cleaner such as REVO, then a reinstall of PD12, with updates, is a possible fix.
Sometimes, though, the most buried setting in the registry, or Bios, or some other technobibble can be the cause. We are not SUPPORT, keep that in mind. For the remainder of this thread, though, I do not want to run afoul of the normal rules, and you are posting in the wrong forum.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2015 19:21

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Hassib [Avatar]
[Post New]
I updated Win 7 with the latest updates. Then I re-installed PD12 Ultra and updated with the latest patch.

Quicktime update too.

Still cannot import MTS files....just infuriating!!
Hassib [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl.

I'll continue with posting under the PD12 forum.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
The MTS file loads and processes fine in PD13 and PD14
Hassib [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes it is fine under PD13, and PD14. Very convenient for Cyberlink to force customers to upgrade.

My problem is that MTS files were fine with PD12, but after I reinstalled PD12 (because I was forced to reinstalled Win7), then MTS files stopped working. I have PD12 updated with the latest patch, and Quicktime is updated and Windows is updated as well.

I just can't figure out why PD12 now doesn't like MTS files. Customer support?? Forget it. I have to pay money to get access to their phone service. Not cool.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Don't make ridiculous accusations.
The issue most likely has to do with your installation of W7,
Please submit a dxdiag, attached to better analyze your issue rather than submit falsely based rants. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
It's also a possibility that your PD has to be "verified" from Cyberlink if you have too many installations. Certain codecs come with paid royalties from the developers of those codecs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2015 20:13

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I have PowerDirector 12 Ultra installed on Windows 7 64 bit, your 00195.MTS plays fine in that version of Powerdirector on my Computer.

Great 2 second clip of legs on a desk and a hardwood floor. It could have had more sound. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Hassib

For what it's worh your clip plays fine on my PD12.

As BarryTheCrab has said I reckon it's your re-install of W7.

There is a codec pack called ffdshow (Google it). Download and install it. I know many other editors use this codec pack Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Hassib [Avatar]
[Post New]
I contacted CL support via email and they asked me to submit a screenshot of my PD12 (SN, etc.), proof of purchase, screenshot of the error, DxDiag.txt, media info, etc. I sent to them all of the info. We'll see what they say.

The fact that some of you could open my mts file with your PD12 Ultra tells me that there is nothing wrong with my file (not corrupt). The problem must be with my PD12. I bought the software from ebay (have paypal receipt already sent to Cyberlink). What is baffling me is why it worked just fine before, and now after Win 7 reinstall, and PD12 reinstall, it doesn't recognize MTS files. This does not make sense to me.
Hassib [Avatar]
[Post New]
I do want to provide an update. I un-installed everything, and re-installed Windows 7, then ungraded to Windows 10.

Then I installed PD12 Ultra, and upgraded it with the lastest patch from cyberlink's website. I still have the same issue.

What am I missing? I contacted the support team, and they asked a few questions and I provided them the answers and all the information they requested. Then they stopped responding.

I know there are workarounds like converting from mts to other file formats, but WHY do this if PD12 is supposed to work with MTS files. It is very time consuming to download conversion software (probably riddled with bloatware and malware) and convert all my videos to other formats. I am at a loss here. I'll try to contact them again, no phone number however, just email which is not convenient.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Hassib,
1. This is an issue for you with your PowerDirector 12, correct? Then this thread should be in the "previous versions" forum and not in PowerDirector 14.
2. I see you purchased PowerDirector 12 via ebay and gave CyberLink details of the purchase. If your PowerDirector 12 was a previously "used" product then you could be running into problems with product activation, codec activation and possible pirated product duplication. I'm just guessing here. You need to chase up and see what response support has given to your ticket, this also may be the reason why you've not had any further response from support. Please provide your ticket ID and contact details via a PM.

I'm going to move your thread to the correct forum.

Dafydd
Hassib [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Yes sorry this thread doesn't belong here, I already moved it to the previous version of PD thread.

Long story short, when I bought it, I activated and registered with cyberlink and it used to work fine on my PC. Then at some point a few months ago, I decided to re-install Win7 and then after that no matter what I did, it never opened MTS files. Now even after upgrade to Win10, it doesn't open MTS files, but works fine with mpeg.

When I contacted the support, they created a ticket number and asked me to provide a bunch of information. I collected everything they needed and put the requested info in a folder under the same ticket number in their file server. I checked the status now and it shows closed. So nobody really bothered to follow up and resolve the issue. To get phone support, I have to pay more money. Ridiculous. Anyway, I lost money buying this product, and am not about to spend more money. I'll stick with something simple like Windows Movie Maker, which is free and okay to serve my needs. I am sure PD itself is great when it works but when faced with a simple file format issue, I haven't gotten the support to resolve my issue. Oh well...I'm glad I didn't pay hundreds, it was 60-70 bucks I think.