Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My desktop is being recorded backwards, upside down and in very odd colors
Sparky6756 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2011 20:03 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Just upgraded to youcam 7, installed the new patch, tch. Have Samsung NPQX 411 W02UB, and the camera is an SCB-0380M. I had thought the upgrade would allow me to record in higher resolution than 640 x 480, but not only does it not do that, when I record my desktop, it is being recorded backwards, upside down and in very odd colors. Finally, the "gadgets," which I don't use often, take a long time to load...if at all. That is not near as important as the desktop capture issue...could sure use some help please.

mdlpoker Sparky6756
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sparky6756,
I see your Samsung NPQX 411 W02UB's Camera only supports up to 0.3M pixel, so a maximum resolution of 640 x 480 is expected. You can't get higher resolution than 640 x 480.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/NP-QX411-W02UB
Sparky6756 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2011 20:03 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks- I had missed that! Any idea as to why recording the desktop is upside down, backwards and in odd colors? That is the real gut buster question Sparky6756
Martyn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2016 12:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I see this issue still hasn't been fixed.

I was about to purchase but, sadly, it immediately switches to Windows basic colour settings (can't cope with Aero theme even on a 16Gig high processor PC) gives a green overlay colour on the desktop, turns the image upside down, all text is printed backwards.

After playing with the settings, it makes no difference.

If this bug is fixed, I'll buy the premium version but it's pretty poor without this desktop capture feature.
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
to Martyn:
It's an improvement of desktop capture performance, so the Aero theme is disabled.

you may try to turn it off by change registry key.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\CyberLink\YouCam7\EnableMirrorDriver=0x0000]