Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning hangs at 50%
Fudge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2006 07:55 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have successfully burnt a short test movie to a DVD disc. I now find that when trying to burn a 2.5G movie it hangs at about 50%.
Any suggestions as what could be the cause and how to correct it.javascript:emoticon(''); The whole is greater that the sum of its parts.
Shawn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2006 16:08 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Just a quick thought...

How much time are you giving it at 50%? Generally it produces the video from 1-50% (or thereabouts) and then it burns it to the disk from 50% and on. Give it enough time to burn the disk.

The other problem could be your DVD burner.

I had this problem a while back and it would just hang there and wouldn't burn the disk. It turned out to be my DVD burner... it was a while ago so I can't remember the problem. It either had given up the ghost or it wasn't getting enough power (the cord was bad) and I switch powercords from my power supply and it worked okay.

Try giving it enough time (10-20 minutes is plenty) and then if that doesn't work, make sure your DVD burner is working okay.

If it still doesn't work, don't burn it to the disk, just produce it to DVD files on your computer and then try using another program (like NERO) to burn the actual DVD files to the disk--that should confirm whether it's your burner or PowerDirector that's acting up...
Fudge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2006 07:55 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Shawn, I allow a burning time in excess of an hour and its still hanging. I have also tried three different burners but I must say that they are external burners. The problem also occurred when I replaced my internal burner hardware. I tried copying files to the DVD with Nero and that didn't work either. Listening to myself I think it must be the machine.
Thanks for the advice anyway. The whole is greater that the sum of its parts.
Shawn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2006 16:08 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Hey, hope that's helpful.

I ended up returning my burner, finding I had the same problem, trying a different cord from my Power Supply and it fixed the problem.

I've never tried an external burner, though... Hope you can find the problem!