Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Combining multiple (130) iPhone video clips
Bluebeary
Newbie Location: Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada Joined: Dec 15, 2014 19:34 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I'm a brand newbie to PD13 so my apologies if this is a no-brainer question!

I have a collection of 130 video clips taken with my iPhone. They total 15 gigabytes in size. PD10 couldn't handle the load at all so I upgraded to PD13.

What is the best way to handle a collection of this size. I'm afraid to try doing it all at once for fear of getting halfway through before it crashes and I lose all I've done.

Is it better to combine, edit and save smaller groups of files then combine them at the end?
CAN I save each group of edited files as a project then load all the projects at the end to burn a single DVD?
Should I save each group as a unique file then import all the files at the end. I'm thinking the entire collection would be broken up per the chapters I want to create.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers/L
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is it better to combine, edit and save smaller groups of files then combine them at the end?
CAN I save each group of edited files as a project then load all the projects at the end to burn a single DVD?
Should I save each group as a unique file then import all the files at the end. I'm thinking the entire collection would be broken up per the chapters I want to create.

Yes, it is better to create small short projects then combine all of the projects later as one Video.

Burning a DVD is easy, you add all of your separate projects on the Content Tab of Create Disk.
Each project will be a Scene/Chapter in the Menu.

You are correct
I'm thinking the entire collection would be broken up per the chapters I want to create.

Project Management:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOnn8g0C_o
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2CYLYIynB0

Happy Editing!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 15. 2014 21:41

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
As per the previous post, I would create smaller projects, then compile them onto a DVD but a suggestion unless your using Blu Ray disks the finished project won't fit a standard DVD, so I would create a graphic image with prompt to insert the next disk when you have the project files completed. You can through advanced thinking create the image along the same theme as your project and place it at the end of each 'disk'
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Bluebeary
Newbie Location: Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada Joined: Dec 15, 2014 19:34 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Many thanks to Carl312 and James1 for their suggestions and advice. I especially enjoyed the training videos on project management. I had simply never thought of my video editing needs in terms of a "project" and now, it makes perfect sense.

Thanks again and have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Cheers/Larry
G W [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 25, 2014 16:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have an opposite project. I have a series of video clips that were made from 8 mm movie reels by a commercial service. However, they are compiled randomly. I purchased PowerDirector 13 for the specific purpose of separating the compiled clip into smaller clips, in order to sort, then reattach the smaller clips into a longer video.
I am a complete novice to video editing, and would appreciate any advice. I would also like to know if I could enhance the quality of the converted video.