Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector-App
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I recently purchased the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Tablet and downloaded the Cyberlink PowerDirector App, then found that the free version doesn't give all the options for formats and resolution so got the paid version. But the app doesn't store the videos on my MicroSD card which is 32 GB and the Galaxy Tab I have is only 16GB. Does any one know how to get the App to store the videos to the SD card?
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
I recently purchased the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Tablet and downloaded the Cyberlink PowerDirector App, then found that the free version doesn't give all the options for formats and resolution so got the paid version. But the app doesn't store the videos on my MicroSD card which is 32 GB and the Galaxy Tab I have is only 16GB. Does any one know how to get the App to store the videos to the SD card?
Jim

Does the Powerdirector mobile app have preferences > File.

If it does, set the import and export folders to your SD card drive address.

That is the way the PC version works.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carl312,
I haven't found the option for where to save any productions I do other than the tablets main system from the app in question, I can import the video taken with the Tablet but any editing I do and produce goes somewhere and I can't for the life of me where they are being saved (the Tablet directory system is a mess (my own decision) If I hook up the tablet to the computer and use the PD on my computer I can import the original video from the SD card, but if I edit on the tablet (and add effects etc., then produce it goes to Tablet main storage (which is limited on the one I bought only 16GB) I have installed a 32GB MicroSD card where Galaxy video recorder save the original but PD doesn't.
Hope you can follow what I am explaining.
Jim
p.s. Thanks for the response Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Carl312,
I haven't found the option for where to save any productions I do other than the tablets main system from the app in question, I can import the video taken with the Tablet but any editing I do and produce goes somewhere and I can't for the life of me where they are being saved (the Tablet directory system is a mess (my own decision) If I hook up the tablet to the computer and use the PD on my computer I can import the original video from the SD card, but if I edit on the tablet (and add effects etc., then produce it goes to Tablet main storage (which is limited on the one I bought only 16GB) I have installed a 32GB MicroSD card where Galaxy video recorder save the original but PD doesn't.
Hope you can follow what I am explaining.
Jim
p.s. Thanks for the response

Yes, I follow.

I have a friend that has one of the amazon kindle fire tablets, you can dig around in the options and setup to find where you can enable the external storage, and to find where the edited videos go to.

The online help and manual for those tablets are invaluable.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
James,

This tablet is running Android 4.4 (kitkat) All files are stored on the main memory. This was done apparently to improve security of android apps. The app running on 4.4 has to be made compatible in order to allow for SD card use. Check out the web and you'll find many references to this issue.

The following explains it all:
http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 11. 2014 11:33

Win 10, i7
James1
[Post New]
Hi,
thanks...never thought it would be an Android thing...kept thinking it was developer thing..
thanks for the links
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory