Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error code e80040266 - Pins cannot connect due to not supporting the same transport
easttowest2012 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2014 11:51 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD 11 Ultimate
The video file is 3.1 GB that I'm attempting to burn to DVD
The DVD disc is dual layer with 8.5 GB of space
I have plenty of RAM @ 6GB
280 GB of free hardspace
I run Windows 7 64 bit OS/ i5 processor
I've downloaded all of PD 11 updates

I've gotten error code" e80040266 - Pins cannot connect due to not supporting the same transport " I get the message at the end of the authoring process.
[Thumb - error.jpg]
 Filename
error.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Error prompt
 Filesize
288 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
347 time(s)
[Thumb - Untitled.png]
 Filename
Untitled.png
[Disk]
 Description
Create disc page
 Filesize
562 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
271 time(s)
[Thumb - new promt.jpg]
 Filename
new promt.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Specified Module Could Not Be Found
 Filesize
267 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
254 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jan 29. 2014 19:22

Jason
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I've gotten error code" e80040266 - Pins cannot connect due to not supporting the same transport " I get the message at the end of the authoring process.

This hints at a direct show codec problem.
Have you tried a reinstall of PD11?
You could also test install a codec pack - K-Lite, for instance - although the many codecs it supplies may be overkill. Make a back up before installing. http://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 22. 2014 13:08

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have PD 11 Ultimate
The video file is 3.1 GB that I'm attempting to burn to DVD
The DVD disc is dual layer with 8.5 GB of space
I have plenty of RAM @ 6GB
280 GB of free hardspace
I run Windows 7 64 bit OS/ i5 processor
I've downloaded all of PD 11 updates

I've gotten error code" e80040266 - Pins cannot connect due to not supporting the same transport " I get the message at the end of the authoring process.

Hi easttowest2012,
Please can you take a screenshot of your project in Edit Workspace and attach here?

What happens when you check "Write to folder" 1. by itself and 2. With Burn to disc?
Have you altered your disc supplier/manufacturer?
Previously were you successful in writing discs?
When was the last time you burnt a disc?
How old is the Disc Burner?

See the guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page
Part H is a test. Please carry it out and report back. Do you have the same error message or were you successful in carrying out the test?

Dafydd
easttowest2012 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd

-I've added screen shots
- By itself it works normal
- When I "write to folder" itself, it asks for an available folder?,Says it will clear out the folder to place the new file

-I've been successful writing disks previously
-No. Haven't altered the disc supplier/manufacturer
- Yes. Previously I've been successful writing discs
-The last time I burned a disc was 7 days ago
-The disc burner is about 2 years old it's an LG SP60

I started the H test through your forum and I got to the burn disc section. I don't have "burn icon" option Jason
easttowest2012 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

In your forum ,part H for testing, I placed three videos in a row, when to create disk, and the burn worked.

The video with the error message has a mixture of music ,subtitles, Video(mp4. and AVI)

Jason
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Dafydd
-I've added screen shots
- By itself it works normal
- When I "write to folder" itself, it asks for an available folder?,Says it will clear out the folder to place the new file

-I've been successful writing disks previously
-No. Haven't altered the disc supplier/manufacturer
- Yes. Previously I've been successful writing discs
-The last time I burned a disc was 7 days ago
-The disc burner is about 2 years old it's an LG SP60

I started the H test through your forum and I got to the burn disc section. I don't have "burn icon" option

Quote: Hi Dafydd,
In your forum ,part H for testing, I placed three videos in a row, when to create disk, and the burn worked.
The video with the error message has a mixture of music ,subtitles, Video(mp4. and AVI)

Hi easttowest2012,
Thank you for the answers, clearly the burner works fine and the software works. You also have been successful in the past. Now we should examine closely the contents of your project to see what the issue is.

I'd like you to:
1. With your project in PDR11
2. go to Produce,
3. select Standard 2D tab
4. MPEG-2, NTSC Profile, DVD HQ 720 x 480/60i
5. Produce an Mpeg2 file
6. Has the file produced successfully?

Ok, I have found the Edit image, I wasn't looking for it at the beginning of the thread.
a) What are the audio files, mp3's? Convert them to wav* and replace the originals, Wave editor should do that for you.
b) You have mixed mp4's and avi, I'll offer suggestions if the audio change fails.

*If you've used audio files with copyright protect or just plain mp3's, PDR11 can falter/fail to complete a task (disc write).

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi easttowest2012 /Jason,
Please can you also try:
1. Insert an avi clip into the track, select Create Disc and Check only Write to folder? What's the results?
2. Insert an mp4 and repeat test as in item 1.
3. Experiment to isolate the cause of the problem by firstly saving your project and then deleting same files. For example, delete all the avi clips and then go to Create Disc and see if it'll Write to folder. Repeat for each media and see if you get a write situation or not.
4. Once you've isolated the format you need to separate all the avi's, (for example) into two lots with the aim to isolate the clip that's causing the problem. It could just as easily be a jpg, avi,mp4 or audio file.

I'd also like please to have a sample of the audio, the mpeg4 and avi files, with the aim of replicating the issue when you have time please.

The error message is very unusual.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 23. 2014 12:54

easttowest2012 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

After a few hours, I've isolated the problem to the jpeg files. I tried burning the file with just the jpeg(pictures) and which is when I received the error message.

I burned the AVI,MP4., and music files individually and had success burning those files.

What are your suggestions from here? Jason
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
You tested the two suggestions I made earlier in this thread?

Do these same jpeg files display correctly in picture viewers? Is "jpeg" their actual extension?
What happens when jpg files are inserted instead?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 23. 2014 21:13

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi easttowest2012/Jason,
Thank you for the update on the progress you've made. We are getting somewhere. You may need to use an image editor and re-save to jpeg format.

Info link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd375454%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

You may need to re-install DirectX.

I'd still like a sample of your jpegs please to see if we can replicate the issue on our platforms.

borgus1 has been pointing you in the right direction, though there shouldn't be a need to install K-Lite in my view for a jpeg file. I'm very curious to see the answers to the questions he's asked.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24. 2014 03:40

easttowest2012 [Avatar]
[Post New]
- I reinstalled PD11 and I had the same error code
- I went through each jpeg. and checked the security settings all were fine, through the properties tab. I was allowed full control of each picture. All saved in jpg. format.
- I meticulously tried to isolate the picture that was causing me issues and I didn't find it, which I thought was the problem, after I placed small blocks of pictures in the timeline/and then to DVD creation.
- Temporary Solution?!?!? : I was out of ideas and the last remaining experiment was to create the DVD without a menu , and it worked. I'm not sure why that is? I then tried to burn the DVD with the menu and I had the same error code again.

The only connection I can make is when I inserted a Slide Show file project on the timeline , through the Insert Project tab, in the File drop option.
I inserted several small slide shows onto the timeline from Slide Show Creator. After I inserted the Slide Shows, I was given a prompt that said " CyberLink will ignore the chapters in the merged project " each time I inserted a slide show (6 in all). I think there is a correlation between menu/chapter creation and conflicts with slide shows.

I uploaded the prompt I was given after I inserted the project from Slide Show Creator.
Jason
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: - I reinstalled PD11 and I had the same error code
- I went through each jpeg. and checked the security settings all were fine, through the properties tab. I was allowed full control of each picture. All saved in jpg. format.
- I meticulously tried to isolate the picture that was causing me issues and I didn't find it, which I thought was the problem, after I placed small blocks of pictures in the timeline/and then to DVD creation.
- Temporary Solution?!?!? : I was out of ideas and the last remaining experiment was to create the DVD without a menu , and it worked. I'm not sure why that is? I then tried to burn the DVD with the menu and I had the same error code again.

The only connection I can make is when I inserted a Slide Show file project on the timeline , through the Insert Project tab, in the File drop option.
I inserted several small slide shows onto the timeline from Slide Show Creator. After I inserted the Slide Shows, I was given a prompt that said " CyberLink will ignore the chapters in the merged project " each time I inserted a slide show (6 in all). I think there is a correlation between menu/chapter creation and conflicts with slide shows.

I uploaded the prompt I was given after I inserted the project from Slide Show Creator.

Hi easttowest2012/Jason,
Thank you for the reply/information on what you have been trying out.

1. The chapter prompt is normal and is perfectly ok.
2. The reinstallation of PDR11 and you getting the same message indicates the issue is more likely due to your computer set up.
3. Have you carried out any of borgus1's suggestions?
4. Have you downloaded and installed DirectX - there is no harm in taking this action.
5. The "Pins" message is to do with a filter/codec issue lacking on your computer (a driver function).
6. the information on your no-menu option and you being able to write a DVD - is something to ponder on (I'm still pondering!).

Dafydd
easttowest2012 [Avatar]
[Post New]
- I've carried out borgus1's suggestions
- I downloaded and installed DirectX which was bundled into Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 64 Bit Windows Update
- I tried burning the DVD again and I now have a new error message that says "e8007007E - The specified module could not be found" Jason
Dawn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2014 20:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Has ANYONE SOLVED THIS?!?!?!? I have to have my project done for Thanksgiving and having the same error. Still don't know how to fix it.
Dawn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2014 20:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
My problem does not include jpegs....it is movies mp4 video same error code.....please help me

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dawn,
Please start your own new topic and reference this thread for your own issue, that's how it's done on the forum.

Please see the guides at the start of the forum and provide Part A, B, E & F (images or a video showing us the Edit workspace with your project insitu).

Thread closed
Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 10. 2015 06:08