Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YOUCAM 5 and Windows 8.1
Bhajje
Senior Member Location: France - Orléans Joined: Feb 06, 2011 11:30 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

After upgrading from W 8 to W8.1, Youcam 5 crashed.

I uninstalled it and re-installed, without the patches. It worked fine.

BUT, after applying the last patch (2931), it crashed again.

Has anybody migrated to 8.1 the same crash?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 21. 2013 04:35

Jean-Paul

i7-4770K 3.50 GHz, Nvidia GTX 960 2 Go, SSD 500 Go, RAM 32 Go
Win 10 64 bits, DirectorSuite 365
BB_H [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 25, 2012 03:26 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I uninstalled it and re-installed, without the patches. It worked fine.
=> Could you please provide this version number and the SR number?

Thanks.
Bhajje
Senior Member Location: France - Orléans Joined: Feb 06, 2011 11:30 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

=> Could you please provide this version number and the SR number?

Thanks.

???????????????????????????????

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 21. 2013 08:46

Jean-Paul

BB_H [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 25, 2012 03:26 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Please refer to attach snapshot.
Thanks.
[Thumb - Untitled.jpg]
 Filename
Untitled.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
SR number
 Filesize
50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1111 time(s)
Bhajje
[Post New]
OK. Here the picture.
[Thumb - Youcam.JPG]
 Filename
Youcam.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Version and SR Number
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1171 time(s)
Jean-Paul

fantamace [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 23, 2013 20:32 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like those patches are causing these to happen. Has anyone tried replicate this and see which of those patches are causing this?
Yaoshi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 15, 2010 00:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I inadvertently replicated this problem ... and then I found this thread. Here's what happened ...

I did a clean install of Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit). When I installed YouCam (version CyberLink_YouCam4Deluxe_0913.12934_YUC100401-01), it worked. I subsequently upgraded to version CyberLink_20100818_YouCam5UPG_5.0.0720.17218_YUC110623-03 and it was successful. However, when I upgraded to CL.5.0.2705.24349__YUC121219-05, the CyberLink Issue Reporter window popped up notifying me that "YouCam.exe has stopped working." I did send a report to CyberLink. I haven't heard anything yet.
BobA_01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2013 12:38 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I was running YouCam with the latest patch (YouCam_5.0.2931.0_HW_Patch_YUC130508-05) upgraded to WIN 8.1 and the (desktop) app will not start, I get the same crash reporter you all are getting. Looks like I need to uninstall/reinstall the last major version and then hold off on any patches until the folks at CyberLink wake from their hibernation on this one. Windows 8.1 has been out for developers to test with for a LONG time, the fact that no corrective action was taken to address this issue reflects quite poorly on CyberLink. I won't be as quick to pay for the next major version upgrade based on this experience. ;-(

I guarantee they know about it since anyone who has this problem is likely sending in an error report each time they boot their pc.

Some comments from CyberLink folks in the forum would be nice.
JosephMills79 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Redmond, WA Joined: Jul 07, 2013 15:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I asked Cyberlink Support about it and all they did provide troubleshooting for a whole other product that I don't even own. Piss Poor Service. Can someone please provide me the install for Youcam 4 or 5 without the patches? I bought YouCam after using Cyberlink's compliance mechanism which actually leaves them legally obligated to either refund my money asap or fix the issue.

CYBERLINK YA BETTA WORK!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 07. 2013 19:20

BobA_01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is what I received from tech support:

"Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I undestand that you are using CyberLink YouCam 5 on Windows 8.1 OS, and the program crashes.

Regarding to your concern, I would like to inform you that currently YouCam 5 is not compatible with Windows 8.1 OS.

A new patch will be released very soon in order to make compatible with Windows 8.1.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thanks and Regards,

Sorokhaibam
CyberLink Technical Support"

...Hopefully it won't be much longer.

--Robert
JosephMills79 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Redmond, WA Joined: Jul 07, 2013 15:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
That is BS. If the compatibility test that they offer confirms that my pc can run their programs, then youcam should work. Totally unbelievable false advertisement and false promises. Does anyone want to file a class-action lawsuit?
BobA_01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Before I upgraded from 8.0 to 8.1 I ran the Windows compatibility checker & it didn't call out you cam as having a problem. Of course it wouldn't if no testing against 8.1 was done by anyone.

I can't say I disagree with your assessment.

--Robert
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Here is what I received from tech support:

"Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I undestand that you are using CyberLink YouCam 5 on Windows 8.1 OS, and the program crashes.

Regarding to your concern, I would like to inform you that currently YouCam 5 is not compatible with Windows 8.1 OS.

A new patch will be released very soon in order to make compatible with Windows 8.1.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thanks and Regards,

Sorokhaibam
CyberLink Technical Support"

...Hopefully it won't be much longer.

--Robert

Hi Robert,
sorry that Support Team may not fully understood your issue - YouCam 5 is Windows 8 &8.1 compatible and we are not able to reproduce your issue in our labs.

it could have several reasons that on your platform it is crashing.

maybe you can check if all Drivers are up-to-date (especially VGA Driver)

thanks for your understanding and Patience
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2013 06:09

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
BobA_01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
There are many others experiencing this issue, your initial response seems to acknowledge a known issue, but now your stating you have no idea what is wrong and there will be no patch and the problem is on my side...

I just want to make sure I understand where we are at; the pc that worked fine using win 8.0 and was upgraded to 8.1 (that took no updates to the video drivers in the course of that update) and now cannot run YouCam in your assessment must be an issue with my pc not the you cam software...

Does the you cam crash report (that is sent every time I start the pc provide any details? Can you tell me were that report that is send to cyberlink is stored so I can explore this issue on my own as it looks like cyberlink is washing their hands of the issue?

Lastly your response states that customer service was wrong when they said that 8.1 was not compatible; I'd call your attention to who signed the email, it was from your tech support group (the folks that fix broken things) not customer service (the folks people like me call to get a refund on broken software).

--Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2013 10:20

Pierre31209 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2013 03:28 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Dear JosephMills79 and Robert,

Could you kindly help to check what your "Display adapters" and the driver version is?
You could find it under......
[Control Panel] -> [Hardware and Sound] -> [Device Manager] -> [Display adapters] -> Right click on the device -> [Properties] -> [Driver Version]
Great thanks for your help!!
[Thumb - VGA.png]
 Filename
VGA.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
848 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
808 time(s)
Yaoshi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 15, 2010 00:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Forgive me, Pierre31209, ... but are you a CyberLink Technical Support representative?

I've been in communication with Guarev of CyberLink Technical Support (since November 1st) regarding the exact same problem that JosephMills79, Robert, and others have reported. My ticket ID is CS001306228. Guarev has had me take numerous screen shots of my registry and Event Viewer logs, in addition to have me send dxdiag reports, run CyberLink Cleaner tool, and load YouCam5_2931_GM6_Deluxe_YUC130508-01_R2 ... and yes, ... I've continued to send in the CyberLink Issue Reporter information. So, this is the first time that anyone has asked for my display adapter information. It happens to be driver version # 9.18.13.3165 from NVIDIA ... and it's up to date.

I failed to mention that the problem still exists and I, too, feel that I'm getting the runaround. I've been asked to install the same version of YouCam (see above) for the second time now ... and nothing has changed! CyberLink Technical Support has wasted a great deal of my time with uninstalling and re-installing the latest version of YouCam ... and I don't have any confidence that they are looking closely at all the information I've provided them at their request.

If you are with CyberLink Technical Support, please pass this on to the "RD team" ... and if you're not ... excuse me.
BobA_01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have attached screenshots of the Graphics Adapter Name/Version as well as confirmation that it is up-to-date. The date on ther driver version is 10/01/2013.

--Robert
[Thumb - Up-to-date.png]
 Filename
Up-to-date.png
[Disk]
 Description
Graphics Driver Up-To-Date
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
507 time(s)
[Thumb - Graphics Driver.jpg]
 Filename
Graphics Driver.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Graphics Driver Version
 Filesize
52 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
617 time(s)
[Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2013 19:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
What kind of support team is that which doesn't even know that there is a version of youcam 5.0.1.3202 supplied to OEMS which has specific drivers for Windows 8.1.

The crashing has nothing to do with the video drivers, as I have 2 installations of Windows 8.1 with the exact same video drivers.

On the fresh installation youcam 5 does start, but crashes when clicking the configuration button, otherwise it works. On the other installation it just crashes.
[Post New]
http://s018.radikal.ru/i525/1311/c9/fca075357c2c.png
http://s018.radikal.ru/i528/1311/2f/d5d7aa5f168a.png
Apparently these are isolated cases, perhaps in the lack of software or the refresh type NET?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 12. 2013 22:04

[Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2013 19:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Well Youcam is a Visual Studio Application. It very well could be possible that there in some circumstances it could have a conflict with a library being on your system.

That's why it works on a quite clean Windows 8.1 installation and not on an upgraded one.

There are many other applications which all are working like Webcam Max or Manycam, so Youcam has not been programmed the most kosher way. They definitely should have a better look at their source code,