Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
video skips when I add slo-mo within a clip???
DGP23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2013 17:22 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Have another problem. If I split a clip and slow down the action, it hardly ever plays smoothly at the point where it goes slow, and even worse where it goes back to normal speed. Sometimes you can zoom in and see where a frame seems to have been duplicated, but doesnt always work. hope Ive explained this well enough. Any suggestions? thanks, Glenn
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: If I split a clip and slow down the action, it hardly ever plays smoothly at the point where it goes slow, and even worse where it goes back to normal speed. Sometimes you can zoom in and see where a frame seems to have been duplicated, but doesn't always work.

If this is produced to a file, is it evident on playback?
DGP23 [Avatar]
[Post New]
yes, strangely it is less evident in the preview before I render. I have solved most of them by just deleting the clip and then putting in again and splitting/ slowing down again. However sometimes I have to do this a few times before it works. Im thinking it must be something Im doing wrong, but cant work out what it is Im doing. Will post up if I work it out
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
HI DGP23,
More information on the clips being used, the capability of the computer you're editing with and maybe the layout of the project in the edit workspace will help here.

1. What have you got the Preview player set at?
2. Are you using Shadow Edit Files?
3. using Media Info can you provide the data on the video.
4. Diagnostic and Screenshot of the edit Workspace please as well.
Guides, Part B, E&F, Part I for mediainfo: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page

Dafydd

Edit: Added Part I

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2013 11:31

DGP23 [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks, will make a list of more info when i get a chance