Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
LabelPrint 2 v2.5 Lightscribe
Vigilante151 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2013 19:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am configuring a new computer. I have Power2go 9 Platinum with LabelPrint 2 v2.5.

Now LabelPrint does NOT show lightscribe option. I want to upgrade and add a lightscribe enabled CD/DVD burner. I then will download and install lightscribe enabling software. At this point if all is working correctly, will LabelPrint show the lightscribe option when using lightscribe media? Or will I have to uninstall then reinstall LabelPrint?

On my old computer lightscribe was enabled using LabelPrint (I had a lightscribe CD/DVD burner, had the free lightscribe software installed and using lightscribe media).

A general question: I am having a problem finding a CD/DVD burner WITHOUT NERO software. I hate NERO. If I install, setup and Windows/BIOS recognize the drive, will Cyberlink operate the drive using their software (Power2Go, LabelPrint) OK?

Thank you.
Bernard Dragon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2010 01:25 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
You need to install Lightscribe system software first.
http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadsection/Windows/index.aspx?id=810

>If I install, setup and Windows/BIOS recognize the drive, will Cyberlink operate the drive using their software (Power2Go, LabelPrint) OK?
Yes, Power2Go and LablePrint are general purpose optical drive software, no special hardware binding.

Hope this help. Bernard is the name
Vigilante151 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2013 19:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you to all for the help with this problem. I installed drive, set BIOS, and installed Lightscribe System Software today. All is well, up, and running as advertised. Again, thanks a lot for the help.
fantamace [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 23, 2013 20:32 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
Nice to see this working for you Vigilante. Good luck here too!
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately, it seems that LightScribe is a dead end technology. The end-of-life was June 2013.

I like it, but the drives and media are getting hard to find and there was never any Blu-ray support.

If you have a working drive, and can get the media you want, by all means go for it; but if you have a printer that can print directly onto disks, I'd plan to switch over when you run out of disks or your drive dies. Jerry Schwartz