Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Media Source Error (error code 2) In cyberkink power director 11
joeboda [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2012 01:46 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Media Source Error (error code 2)

I am using pd 11. All of a sudden I get this message on a previously working pd file (see attachment). I call cyber tech support. they say I need to update my video and audio drivers. I do that still the same problem.

Here is the problem:

Video on the timeline will not show from produced and saved files. I only get audio. I can play video on other parts of my computer from raw files just fime. I can even play these files from the upper right hand part of the screen and they play on the right side window. Just not saved files on cyberlink. This is a real problem. Any suggestions. I have too many videos to want to recreate them

Check the screen shot for a better understanding

Thank you
[Thumb - screen shot for cyberlink.jpg]
 Filename
screen shot for cyberlink.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
366 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
523 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi joeboda ,
What media file format is triggering the issue?
The "m2ts" in the track isn't because you've used Shadow Edit files and they're low res mpeg2 replacement files.

Please clear everything in the Library Room with a new project. Uncheck, Preferences/Project/Automatically load sample clips.... I want you to gradually import media files and see what triggers the issue.

I'd also like to have
1. Diagniostic files
2. MediaInfo on the media used (triggers the issue).
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en attach the data as a text file.

Are you stating you cant play specific files created by PDR11? Which and what?

Thanks for the screen shot that helped a lot. The guide you need to look at - Part A & B: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2013 03:12

joeboda [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello

I am having the same problem with every video saved in cyberlink. I downloaded one of the programs you recommended. Eset gave gave threat warnings. I used it for a minute unsuccessfully. It put popups on my computer. I uninstalled asap.

Yes it is only from saved files in pd11.

Here is the diagnostic.

thank you

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
422 time(s)
joeboda [Avatar]
[Post New]
Also, I think this problem may have started after I installed a new netgear wireless router. Not sure at the moment. I uninstalled the net geat genie tonite. no change with pd11
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Joe:

Welcome to the PD11 Forum. I had a quick look at your dxdiag file. While I am not convinced that what I am about to point out is the cause of your issue, I do have the following suggestions:

1. You have 4 GB of system RAM on an x64 OS. I would seriously consider increasing system RAM to 8 GB, if for no other reason than to significantly improve produce and burn times, and editing responsiveness.

2. Your video driver is dated April 20, 2011. I would recommend going to AMD site and download the latest driver (my laptop has the same card series). PD11 likes to have the latest video driver and a lot of weird problems are resolved by having the latest video driver and version of QuickTime installed.

3. You might consider installing the FFDShow codec pack or the K-Lite codec pack to see if that resolves your issue. Many of the editors here use one or the other codec packs.

Hope this is of some help. Let us know how you make out. We are volunteers here who are eager to help you. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
joeboda [Avatar]
[Post New]
I can play all the same files from pd11 that I converted to h.264 format. I import those save files in to pd11 an they play perfect
joeboda [Avatar]
[Post New]
hello

I updated my video driver yesterday. I can play video files of all types even on cyberlink. Just all of a sudden none of the saved video projects will play video on the timeline.

I tried to install ffdshow codec from severla places. They all came with a threat of spyware warnings, etc so I didn't install them

Cyberlink customer service seems to be helpless to help. Would it fix the problem if I uninstalled and then reinstalled?

Open for ideas. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Joe:

Uninstall and reinstall MIGHT help, but then again, it might just be a waste of time.

I did Yahoo! search that error and found, to no surprise, that our resident guru, Tony, had responded to a similar issue a few months ago (scroll to the bottom of the thread) and his solution solved that same error message for that user. What would we do without Tony?

The link to the thread is: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/26358.page" target="_new" rel="nofollow"> http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/26358.page

I did, and do have, the FFDShow codec pack installed on my laptop running PD9 because I had some other issues, which it resolved, but I have not installed it on my primary computer (don't fix what ain't broke!) and have not encountered any problems without it.

I hope that Tony's solution works for you. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor