Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you uninstall patch 11.0.0.2516? (plus my review of PD11)
Spark [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Calgary Canada Joined: Aug 18, 2009 22:56 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,

I installed the latest patch but since then my performance has been awful. Almost 100% CPU utilization much of the time. I've spent a week uninstalling drivers changing every setting imaginable etc. I don't want to have to uninstall the entire program just to get rid of a bad patch, but I can't see any obvious way to remove it. Hopefully I just missed it and it's easy.

Off topic review of PD11 Ultimate:
- much more unstable than PD10. Random crashes are common so I'm continually saving at every step (I was hoping the patch would help but instead it made PD unusable). And no, it isn't my computer - it's the program.
- great usability updates. Annoying and easy UI fixes are finally fixed! Makes me wonder if the developers ever use the program themselves. A few more little changes are still needed like being able to lock it into Movie mode, having a setting to remember directories, remembering your last "Produce" settings and it'll be much more enjoyable to use.
- annoying that it removes for example the PD10 Media backgrounds - since I used one on a PD10 project and when I upgraded it erased the old backgrounds I had purchased.
- it still has a frustrating lack of new stuff - music, titles, Pip are rarely updated with anything new. I bought the higher version to get the vacation pack etc but what a rip off. NewBlue effects are fine if making a rock video - but a $450 value? Uh huh, right. And vacation pack - seriously awful. For example 3/12 route 66 titles? Fine if your making a video about route 66 - but totally useless otherwise. Same with the frustrating other things they always do like make travel themes with a picture of the leaning tower of Pisa in them. Fine if I ever go to Pisa - but just wasting space otherwise. The extra packs are useless with a tiny amount of content and mostly so focused on one thing that you can't use them - I felt ripped off. Same with like the disc menus - not enough generic stuff - the cool ones are mostly unusable unless you go to broadway or pisa for example.
- love the Pip designer, but again some inexplicable things like if you want a border on something it HAS to have rounded corners. Um, most pictures have sharp corners so if you want to do a photograph effect it's a ton of work, so why no option?
- disappointed that basic things like a decent picture or audio editor aren't included like with the competition. What do you have to do to get them - buy the super extra cherry on top supreme ultimate dooper version? I just use free tools - but it's highly annoying when you buy an ultimate version it doesn't come with them. Or you still don't get all the soundtracks or even any new ones - the "purchase" option is highly slimey and should not be there.
- Power tools, PIP designer, Fix/Enhance are all pretty nice now - but you kind of wish they were all together rather than having to figure out is it an enhancement, power tool or pip effect I'm looking for.
- The user interface fixes make me stick with this version rather than reverting back to PD 10 or a competing product - but I'm wasting serious time now that this patch slowed everything down. I just wish they'd offer fixes and enhancements rather than have to wait for a new version to finally fix ripple editing for example. I suspect any new problems found won't be fixed until the next version. Focus on making the software work well rather than just new 3d or formats that nobody even uses.
- oh, and if you change the speed of a clip I don't want it to move every other clip on every other track randomly as it does. Sheesh!
- effects now usually cause crashes or hangs. I rarely use them, but now I don't even try at all.
- It would be nice if you could crossfade (overlap) video and audio right in the track since transitions to do it are rarely smooth and require a lot of time wasting. (similar time wasting like selecting multiple clips will often not let you apply things to all of them at once)
- Producing AVC clips with HD content introduces random artifacts and ruins the output all the time. Why can't I set it to take longer and work properly? Same with burning a DVD - output is awful (better with dual layer, but odd how a 1 GB movie looks so bad on DVD). It seems like WMV is much better - but with my hanging issue with this new patch I can't even produce a movie that was done last week. Argh.

Anywho, back to my original question. Can patches be removed - or do I have to spend 1/2 day reinstalling from scratch? I'm seriously thinking about moving back to a competing product it's so frustrating.
djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Yes spend half a day reinstalling as penalty for being a troll!

You could have use a trial version to see its feature suited your demanding tastes, you could have taken a course in logic to understand that if your the only one having crashes it may be your system.

You could go off and spend a lot more money for those features you seem to need to produce your cinema movie or commercial.

ANYWHO! doubt anybody is going to rave about your review, if that's what you choose to call it

Windows 7 X64 SP1
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 3.80 GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D Tri channel
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
Intel 240Gb SSD 520 Series
2 x Seagate 1 Tb