Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Letterbox
jamodawg97 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I want to shrink a clip vertically without it actually shrinking the video (like a letterbox) but when I try to drag the white dots downwards it shrinks the whole video.

I remember seeing something like this in the tutorial book but I don;t remember where it was or what it said.

How do I do this?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2012 11:06

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
in the preview window you have the clip with the frame, there is 4 small white squares at each corner, under (in same vicinity) is smaller blue dots (hard to see) drag those, they distort the frame independantly.
I think that is waht you are after.
JIm Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
[Post New]
Do you mean you want it to look like it's letterboxed, without actually distorting the video? You can do this with the mask feature.

If you double-click the clip on your timeline, the PiP Designer will open up. The right-most tab will allow you pick a shape which acts as a window through which the video is seen. If you uncheck the 'Maintain Aspect Ratio' option, you can adjust the length and width independantly.

This won't distort the video, but it will hide the parts outside of the mask, basically cutting them off. PowerDirector 10 Ultra
Dell XPS Studio - i7 3.4 GHz / 8 GB RAM / Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
[Post New]
SkullyHB, say what I would say, see photo

[Thumb - mask.jpg]
 Filename
mask.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
116 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1467 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2012 13:17

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jamodawg97 -

In PiP Designer:

If you want to shrink/re-proportion the clip for the duration of the clip, masking will work (as described above)... or you could simply do this...

If you want the clip to move from full screen to a shrunken/re-proportioned shape throughout the clip, just uncheck "Maintain Aspect Ratio" and set the keyframes like this...

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jamodawg97 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the help everybody!