Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
24p/24Hz Playback
TimmyPitts [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2011 14:01 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know if there's a setting within PowerDVD 11 that sets the default playback mode or refresh rate to 24p/24HZ. I've tried to set the refresh rate manually to 24Hz, but I get excessive judder. I really want to be able to watch movies in their native frame rate. I'm just wondering if there are any settings within the software to accomplish that. Thanks.
TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
You need to set it up in your video driver. People have pretty mixed results. I've heard only poor things for intel integrated video if that is what you have.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21. 2011 17:32

TimmyPitts [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: You need to set it up in your video driver. People have pretty mixed results. I've heard only poor things for intel integrated video if that is what you have.

I have an nVidia GTX 580. Where in the video driver settings would I go to change the setting?
[Post New]
Well my only nVidia is a Quadro FX 570m, so I'm not up to speed on the latest control panels, but hunt around in the Nvidia Controp Panel. Check Video and televison settings if you have that tab.
TimmyPitts [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Well my only nVidia is a Quadro FX 570m, so I'm not up to speed on the latest control panels, but hunt around in the Nvidia Controp Panel. Check Video and televison settings if you have that tab.

Yeah, I tried changing the refresh rate to 24Hz in that window. The results were not smooth.
SuprDave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2011 17:16 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe this will help. I don't know.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/19975.page

Dave

SuprDave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2011 17:16 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Are you using Windows 7 or XP?
medyaye44 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2011 09:08 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
You should use Autofrequency.
A french soft which detects video framerate, switch the resolution/fps of your graphic card and launch your player. When you sutdown the player, Autofrequency switch back the resolution/fps.
[Post New]
Also,
I believe you want to set to 23 Hz not 24 to get the correct 23.97 Hz
[Post New]
What you'll want to do is go to the NVIDIA Control Panel within your computer's Control Panel. There you must click "Customize".
From that window you select "Create custom resolution". You'll probably have to select a multiple of 24hz, like 48hz, 72hz (72hz is the only one I can run) as monitors with "true" 24hz are quite uncommon.
Hope this helps. OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6420 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Video card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
PowerDVD 12 trial version