Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
my first issue with pd 10(Runtime Error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate.)
[Post New]
I just finished installing PD 10 ultra retail and the latest patch successfully.

Every time that I click on the PD 10 to open, It opens then there is an error box that pops up.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Pr..

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the apllication's support team for more information.

I am able to click the box to close and am able to use PD 10 without any more issues, but I have
to click the error box off every time I first enter the program.

My drivers and direct X are all uptodate

Any thoughts?

[Thumb - CaptureWiz.jpg]
 Filename
CaptureWiz.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
error box
 Filesize
8 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
386 time(s)
 Filename
64DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
379 time(s)
Land of fieros, North Dakota USA
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ro22tol,

You may need to do a reinstall of PD10.

Is this an upgrade or a full build installation?

Please give the information:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Part A

This error message has appeared on the forum previously. Other than some basic suggestions I don't know what to offer.

Dafydd

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You may also remove then re-install your Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.

There are several versions both 32 bit and 64 bit. Does your error message give a version number for the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library that is needed?

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/search.aspx?q=Microsoft%20Visual%20C%2B%2B%20Runtime%20Library

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 26. 2011 07:48

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Fixed for now.

The advice to do the uninstall and reinsall worked. Thanks.

I didn't have the software to use the cyberlink .rar uninstallers so I used revo uninstaller level 3.
Uninstalled PD, wave editor anad 2 smartsounds.

Re-installed PD 10 ultra full from retail disc, then installed the current patch.

I originally installed it last week and no issues for about 4 days then I got the runtime error after I updated Power DVD 10 to the latest version. I don't know if it was related or not. but I am up working at this point.

[Post New]
The same issue has reoccured. But there is a relation to when it occured last time.

A few weeks ago I installed PD10 full ultra from retail cd. Shortly after that I installed panasonic HD writter
software for my tm900 camera. It was after that software install that the runtime error occured.

I then uninstalled all PD10 and its components and reinstalled. The runtime error was gone on PD 10 start up.

All was well until today when I installed a new software program. Bingo! After the new unrelated software
was installed the runtime error came back......

So I did another uninstall and reinstall of PD10 from disc and all is well again..

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 02. 2011 19:12

[Post New]
Just a flollow up. I have now uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Each time the runtime error goes away on the new install but comes back a day or two later. Today, I checked and the error was there on PD10 start up. I downloaded the new patch and bingo the error is gone again. Land of fieros, North Dakota USA
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just a flollow up. I have now uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Each time the runtime error goes away on the new install but comes back a day or two later. Today, I checked and the error was there on PD10 start up. I downloaded the new patch and bingo the error is gone again.

Maybe Cyberlink fixed the issue.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Elguapo9916 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2013 12:52 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I know this is a really old thread and I am not sure anyone will still see this but I recently tried reinstalling my powerdirector 10 and I am getting a runtime error when I run the install file. I am not happy right now because I tried uninstalling because I was no longer able to use my hardware acceleration when processing my videos. It hasn't been working for a while so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that would resolve the issue....but now I can't reinstall the software and I am nervous that the support for this product won't be there because it is so old. Any ideas? I am running Windows 10 64 bit
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: I know this is a really old thread and I am not sure anyone will still see this but I recently tried reinstalling my powerdirector 10 and I am getting a runtime error when I run the install file. I am not happy right now because I tried uninstalling because I was no longer able to use my hardware acceleration when processing my videos. It hasn't been working for a while so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that would resolve the issue....but now I can't reinstall the software and I am nervous that the support for this product won't be there because it is so old. Any ideas? I am running Windows 10 64 bit
I fear that you will need to upgrade your Powerdirector 10 to the New Powerdirector (currently 14). Windows 10 is a huge change in the Windows Operation System. Many programs that worked and ran in Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 do not work in Windows 10.

This is an very old thread, you really should start a new Topic.

PowerDirector (previous Versions) http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/87.page Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.