Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Duration of slides in slideshow
Steve2242 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Arizona Joined: Sep 09, 2008 11:05 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I also posted the topic below this one with a different question. Is there a way that I can set the same duration for all the slides in a slideshow without setting them individually?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 12. 2011 14:50

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I also posted the topic below this one with a different question. Is there a way that I can set the same duration for all the slides in a slideshow without setting them individually?

If you use the SlideShow Creator, I don't think you can control the duration at all. It seems to be determined by the style, and I haven't figured out how to change it.

If you use the full editor, you can select all of your slides and set their durations all at once.

You'll have to treat your project as a movie, not a slideshow. Once you go into the slide show creator, you are at its mercy. Jerry Schwartz
Jaysnave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2012 15:42 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have been working with a video for hours now trying to match my slide show to a pre-recorded voice over. It seems the only way to increase or decrease the length is to add or delete pictures. This because the slideshow creator keeps using 5 seconds per slide even though I keep changing it during editing. Anyone have a solution?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Create your slideshows as a totally separate project, render to the format of your choice, and bring that new slideshow video into your end-project.
What you've done is make a slideshow video, and you can speed it up, slow it down, truncate it, split it, add FX, etc. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steve

As has already been mentioned the Slideshows use a default time for the photos.

If you to make a slideshow manually simply Select All right click Set Duration.

Hi Jay

When you create a slideshow it gives you an opportunity to add music. The photos are then meant to be in sync with the music. Sometimes it is sometimes it's not.

If you make a slideshow manually insert your music on a track and right click track and select Beat Selection.

This adds 'beat points' where you can then add photos and increase or decrease the photo duration to match the beats.

Happy editing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2012 19:16

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Jaysnave [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks all! I was obsesed with being able to change the duration manually and frustrated when the slideshow creator reverted to a defaut setting. I really want the motion effect so I guess I need the slidshow creator. For now, I used more or less pictures to get the length I needed, but will convert to a video for the next one. I am trying to time pictures to a voice over description of a process at my work. I am new to video editing, but that didn't stop me from volunteering to do a training video. Hopefully many lessons to be learned.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Well the first thing you should have learned....never volunteer....
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am trying to time pictures to a voice over description of a process at my work.

Hi Jaysnave -

Using the motion template might work for you - by following the suggestions above of producing the slideshow to video format, then using Video Speed to change the pace.

If you're taking that path, a variation you might consider - depending on how the voice over is timed - is splitting the produced file at particular points & modifying the speed of different sections at different rates to match the voice script.

If you want control over precise timing, a better option for you is to use Magic Motion. This replicates the effect of the motion slideshow, but timing of individual images is up to the editor.

Screenshots are from a similar project I did recently for a women's support group.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Jaysnave [Avatar]
[Post New]
I like the magic motion option. Thanks Tony! Jim, I do have a volunteer problem, but when it comes to photography and now video I can't get enough of it!