Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Question about powerdvd 9 oem update
Vlij [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 01, 2011 14:28 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Everytime I update powerdvd it always has firewall entries named _this_program_will_be_deleted
is any way to stop that from happening?

Also, is Rikvm_9ec60124 from cyberlink, as Norton Power Eraser shows it as bad, but it does not have any way to remove it, nor is on the computer after booting.

What exactly does the update do?
The program cannot connect to the internet unless I put a movie in it, then it can get the update, is the program more secure after update or less secure?

Also when I register online, the last two programs of the suite never register. Power backup and Power register.
What to do?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Vlij,

can you please provide more information:

1. is your PowerDVD a OEM/bundle Version - if yes please let us know with which product it is bundled.
2. please provide PowerDVD full Version and SR number of the original Version (not the CD-KEY) - both can be found in the about box
3. what kind of updates do you install, the updates from website or the updats the PowerDVD you installed offers you.

BR
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Vlij [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello,

It is the oem Blu ray disc suite version sr=CDS100225-02.

The update I install is the one that pops up while using the software, it cannot update even if pressing ctrl+a, it says the computer is not connected to the internet unless I play one movie in the drive.
I notice the update adds support for some large remote control and makes so you cannot use the mouse button on the movie menu screen to push play or select configuration, or select scene, what exactly does the update do, is it more secure to not have the mouse button push play? The program does not seem all that interested in updating anyway, as the update only pops up for 3-4 seconds, after that the powedvd9 can update the regular way, but not from the blu ray disc suite, is the update do anything else? Is it really needed for better security or is it just more features?

Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
some BD do not support mouse because of the uised BD-J technology - for those titles you need to use keyboard Arrow keys to navigate - this is by BD design

what do you mean by "the powedvd9 can update the regular way, but not from the blu ray disc suite" ?

about the internet connection issue when download the patch:
- you can not download the patch ?
- you receive error message (please post a snapshot here if any error message)
- do you use a firewall or security suite? (please try to disable firewall and try again)

Br
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 07. 2011 03:37

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Vlij [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello,

Thanks for info, what is the best way to update the program, av disabled? The first time I updated with av on and it didnot get any rikvm, the second time i updated with it off and it got the rikvm. Is there any way to to keep _this_program_will_be_deleted from finding its way onto computer? What exactly is that, did it not be able to delete the old parts of the software? It will update without error, this time i update I will try the blur ray disc suite update section and see if no av gets the update the suite way, hopefully without the rikvm. Should I get the rikvm or remain rikvm free?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 07. 2011 14:20

[Post New]
Hi,

sorry but I still have some trouble to get the full picture of your issue-
Please help to provide all info asked in this thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

if there is any error message or pop up message - please also post a snapshot here

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Vlij [Avatar]
[Post New]
What is the method to install powerdvd 9 update? Turn off AV? How can I keep _this_program_will_be_deleted from showing up in the firewall rules?
[Post New]
Hi,

in most cases there is no problem with AV solution - seems your AV Software causes a lot of problems - you may contact the AV solution provider support as well.

can you please post the exact version of your AV solution

and please also post the other information
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan