Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What do people use to burn DVD's
mtsarpilot [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2010 11:05 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to burn my video to DVD which has never been successful through PDR9. PDR9 can generate a folder with the TS_VIDEO but then fails when writing to DVD, latest one is an error EB020BE2

Searching the forum I see lots of complaints about PDR9 not burning, does it ever work? How do you get it to work?

If I want to go to a folder first then burn to DVD, what do folks use to do the DVD writing? I don't care to have to buy yet another program to do what PDR9 is already supposed to do.

Thanks,

Joel
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
ImgBurn is free and will suite your needs. CL also offers Power2Go for a fee.

As far as PD, you might try reducing your burn speed.

Jeff
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
If the folder burn is successful, you're over 1/2 way there. You may wish to lower the burning speed as stated, this seems to be a common solution.
Or...
Use 9 to burn the folder, then use a folder burning program, such as Imgburn, but I LOVE Power2Go. There is a free version of Power2Go available to registered owners of certain CL software, not sure of the exact details.
Go to the top of the forum page and click on "Members" to see if you qualify. One of the neat things about P2Go is I can put my movie on the DVD, and also the source-files for archiving, I can even put the PPM export on the disc, it will still work in a DVD player. Not sure if ImgBurn does that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 26. 2010 10:16

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: One of the neat things about P2Go is I can put my movie on the DVD, and also the source-files for archiving, I can even put the PPM export on the disc, it will still work in a DVD player. Not sure if ImgBurn does that.

Of course that's a nice thing to do, ImgBurn can do that as well.

Jeff
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
ImageBurn has an excellent feature that allows you to VERIFY your burn to ensure that it matches what was "produced" by PD9. It is more reliable than PD9 with dual-layer (8.5 gb) discs. Win 10, i7
mtsarpilot [Avatar]
[Post New]
Great, this can solve a big problem. It's a shame so many people have to work around what should be basic functionality in PDR9.

I've installed imgburn - a simple question on it's use - Looking at it it's not obvious which mode to use to create a Video DVD from a VIDEO_TS folder.

Do you use "Build" (Write files/folders to disc) mode and just point it at the VIDEO_TS folder? If so, which of the other fields in the tabs should be filled in? For example, is the label visible when the disc is loaded into a Windows machine the ISO9660 label or the UDF label? Any other fields in the Label tab need to be filled in?

Thanks,

Joel
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
One question...
did you render your project to a file first?
I think it's better if you get your time-lines proper, to first render your completed video to a file,
THEN use that finished file, in a new project, set chapters (if you wish) make the menu (if needed), then burn the folder.
This method may also allow the disc burn at the same time, as rendering the project first greatly reduces the strain on your system.
I have had very few burn issues in PD 8 or 9. I only use folder burning software if I am putting additional material on the disc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 26. 2010 22:59

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
mtsarpilot [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, I did exactly as you describe. I created a file. Then created a new project in PD9 in which I put in chapters onto that one file as the only source input. Then rendered the VIDEO_TS from this new project. I think I am just cursed with all the problems I've run into with PD9.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 26. 2010 23:53

Aussieroo
Newbie Location: Canberra, Australia Joined: Nov 26, 2009 01:05 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I have never had a problem with burning with PD 8 and, with PD 9 I have done two so far without a problem.

I edit, produce and then burn allstraight after the other. I do have some difficulty with the Disc designer part though. However, I just plod away and it seems to work.

Reg Reg