Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is it possible to add a Min bitrate some how maybe manually?
JESSEFarr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2010 19:03 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there I've been having trouble with power directors SVRT because some of my clips have a lower bitrate because say they where filmed at night etc and power director will re-render these clips and it seems to degrade them especially the night ones. All the clips that power director does not re-render come out fine. see some clips are as low as 5mps and as high as 9mps. I have the average bitrate set at 8880 which works well for day time footage and the max set at 9000. If I could add a min bitrate I think that would fix my problem but is that possible in power director? I think power directors trying to re-render the low bitrate clips to the high average. I'm producing MPEG Files
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jesse,

You might try changing your custom profile so that it uses a "Constant Bit Rate" or CBR, then change the value to what you want. I don't know of a way the ensures a minimum bit rate other than this method.

See if a constant bit rate helps give you the desired result.

I attached a screenshot to show you where to find it.

Regards,

Kevin
[Thumb - CBR.PNG]
 Filename
CBR.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
49 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
224 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 16. 2010 17:19

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to reproduce SVRT not rendering low bit rate but even with a mix of your test file (9.1Mbps) and one of 3Mbps the SVRT for a custom profile was no rendering required.

However you can change the minimum bitrate for a custom file by going here:
C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\9.0\Profile.ini.

Then opening the file in notepad. Scan for the custom profile name eg <Custom Profile -4> and then find the min bitrate value and change to whatever you want.

Save the file and restart PD.

See how that goes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2010 18:49

Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.
JESSEFarr [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank You very much, very helpful I have only had time to do a small test but it worked fine, later I will do a test with multiple clips of different bitrates and see if it does it good. Will let you's know. Thanks again.
JESSEFarr [Avatar]
[Post New]
Could someone explain to me the meaning of Constant Bitrate? Will this make it stay at lets say 8mb per sec all the way through no matter what or does it vary as well? I'm confused
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
CBR is a constant bit rate, video is compliant with average bitrate setting throughout video stream.
CVBR is constrained variable bitrate, video source is compliant with avg and max bitrate as well as usually an undocumented min bitrate. The exact bitrate in the video stream floats depending on complexity of the footage within the specified constraints. Most cameras, even though they may quote 24Mbps, actually use a CVBR approach. For DVD's the minimum bitrate is typically 2.5Mbps, often bitrates lower than this will cause many standalone DVD players to have playback issues.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2010 20:02

JESSEFarr [Avatar]
[Post New]
So the best way to solve my problem would be to?? lol
jmone
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Nov 26, 2010 00:05 Messages: 706 Offline
[Post New]
As pjc3 said, if you want NOT to re-encode the video you will need to edit the min bit rate in your custom profile to accpet clips that are lower than this. You can always test that the resultant file will play but I see no reason why they would not. PD 64 Bit-Win10 64 Bit-32GB RAM-80TB HDD
Sony FX6 - 500Mbps 4k/50p AVC-I HLG
Canon XF400 - 150Mbps 4k/50p AVC
GoPro Hero6 Black
Pana HS700-28Mbps 1080/50p AVC (High@L4.2)
Canon HV20-HDV 25Mbps 16:9 1440x1080/25p MPEG
JESSEFarr [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes this has solved my problem Thank You
pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: As pjc3 said, if you want NOT to re-encode the video you will need to edit the min bit rate in your custom profile to accpet clips that are lower than this. You can always test that the resultant file will play but I see no reason why they would not.

Yes, credit should go to Nathan for showing us the tweak. Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.
JESSEFarr [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well guys thanks for everything, its much appreciated, have a good one