Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
i got Power2Go 6 got it few months ago,why do i have to pay extra on Power2Go 7?
FATON [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2010 17:45 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
hi,i got Power2Go 6 got it few months ago,why do i have to pay extra to update on Power2Go 7,this is a rip off and con,every company who updates their softwares never ask for extra to the costumers unless is out their 12 month warranty
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have never heard of a company offering a free upgrade if they upgrade with a year of you buying the software. Most companies update their software once a year. If you have some examples of this, please share.

The CL policy is if you purchase the product within a month of the new version, you are entitled to a free upgrade. Pretty standard from what I have experience.

Dave
FATON [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

I have never heard of a company offering a free upgrade if they upgrade with a year of you buying the software. Most companies update their software once a year. If you have some examples of this, please share.

The CL policy is if you purchase the product within a month of the new version, you are entitled to a free upgrade. Pretty standard from what I have experience.

Dave
im not talking to upgrade dude ,im talking about the updates,i had Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 then last month 2011 come out ,did i pay extra for that NO,same to Registry Mechanic 9 and now got 10 did i pay extra for the UPDATES NO,damn man use u head,i said few months ago i got Power2GO and not few years,please read before u post and IT IS A DAMN CON FOR A COMPANY LIKE CYBERLINk,im fed up with this extra pay to them i should have Stayed With NERO,and what the hell u mean with this [[The CL policy is if you purchase the product within a month of the new version, you are entitled to a free upgrade. Pretty standard from what I have experience]] WITHIN A MONTH wth,so people who buys this crapy con software within 9-10 months they have to pay extra even 4 months left of their 12 months free updates?????

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 01. 2010 01:40

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Updates are always free on all CyberLink products.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/index_en_US.html

Power2Go 7 just came out, so there are no updates yet available for version 7. When there is, it will be free.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/power2go/patches_en_US.html

Power2Go 7 is a new version, with new features. Hence the reason it is not free.

Going from version 6 to version 7 is clearly an upgrade, not an update. You are confusing the difference between the two.

Dave
FATON [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

Updates are always free on all CyberLink products.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/index_en_US.html

Power2Go 7 just came out, so there are no updates yet available for version 7. When there is, it will be free.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/power2go/patches_en_US.html

Power2Go 7 is a new version, with new features. Hence the reason it is not free.

Going from version 6 to version 7 is clearly an upgrade, not an update. You are confusing the difference between the two.

Dave
wow,comon u joking right,so the people who bought v6 few months ago cannot get v7 unless they pay for the upgrade?so if cyberlink make another version like 8 in few months u still charge people who bought v7??hope everyone read this thread couse it shows how u cyberlink people treat the costumers,and i hope no one buy this con product

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 01. 2010 05:45

SoftwareHome [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2011 04:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with this. Like my Trend Micro Antivirus, new features new interface, yet I never paid a cent for upgrade. Same for Norton Antivirus, better security, better interface, yet they don't charge a cent.
MarkJohnson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2008 00:01 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I agree it is a scam myself and you really need to be aware of what you are buying. If the price is too good to be true,you can expect a new version around the corner. I've been burnt like this before and learned to research before buying a new product.

The reason reason some companies do honor upgrades is because they are more of a rental than purchase. Norton, Trend Micro, etc are all expire in a year and are a subscription more than anything. Once they are used up, you throw them away or buy again.

Maybe if enough ppl complain companies will honor their product for at least a year. but,then they will probably follow a subscription policy and you have to buy it again every year.

Capitalism can be such a pain sometimes.

CyberLink Media Suite 11 Ultra - Windows 7 Home Premium

GigaByte Z97MX-Gaming 5 - E3-1265L v3 - 8GB RAM - EVGA GTX-960 4GB
KOLLAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 10, 2011 09:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I just purchased the upgrade v7 but no where on my order was there anywhere to download it from and no sign of it in my members zone they have accepted payment and sent me an email but no download I have contacted their customer service a couple of times & still waiting for an answer.
KOLLAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 10, 2011 09:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have been taken care of by customer service and wish to thank them for their quick response to my problem have not had a chance to use it (power2go v7) yet, my dvd burner can only read blue ray disks, I will probably have to buy a usb BD burner to utilize the programs full potential.