Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 8 and error 2711
Esteban [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 30, 2009 20:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I'm new to this forum but I used this week a lot. I feel obligated to share my experience installing Power Director 8 in Windows 7. I made THE BIG MISTAKE to install PWD 6 first to upgrade to 7 and then to 8. As all you know, Power Director 6 and Windows 7 are not the best friend. I remove Power Director 6 using unistall in the Control panel,( big mistake)them I try installing PWD 8 and the error 2711 begins, I try it 2 different registry cleaner, no help. Finally I installed the application Windows Install clean up and I was able to removed whatever was left of Power Director 6. My advice if you planning to upgrade to Windows 7 or a new computer DO NOT INSTALL POWER DIRECTOR 6, because you won't be able to upgrade or install PWD 7 or 8. I hope Cyberlink fix this problem with PWD 6 in Win. 7. Please do not get mi wrong, you can install PWD 6 in Win. 7 and will work, but if you try to upgrade to PWD 7 or 8, good luck! My best wishes, and thank for all you inputs to this forum.