Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to install trial version of PD8
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2010 04:28 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Please help?

I keep getting errors every-time I try to install.

Please see attached jpg files.

My PC / HP dv7 / 64-bit OS Windows 7 Ultimate / Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz / Installed RAM 4.00GB

I have an unlock key for the trial version however I cannot get the the trail version installed first.

Thank you,
John.
[Thumb - pd8-2.JPG]
 Filename
pd8-2.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Pop-under intall status
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
229 time(s)
[Thumb - pd8-1.JPG]
 Filename
pd8-1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Top pop-up over install status
 Filesize
21 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
227 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
My first guess is you don't have the required .Net Frame Work Installed.
I have .Net Framework 2.0 SP2, .Net Framework 3.0 SP2 and .Net Framework 3.5 SP1. All can be downloaded from Microsoft.

I am running Windows XP Pro. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

John [Avatar]
[Post New]
LENNART [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2010 14:21 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have purchased Power Director 8 upgrade from v.7. but it cant be installed. I have Win 7 64 bits and Cyberlink DVD suite Platinum. I have also payed for a Backup disc but so far I have not got it. I have comunicated the problem to the technical support, but their "solution" does not work. So far I have not got any furhter help from them despite of several mails on the problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2010 08:11

John [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've removed all old Cyberlink items and installed all the proper .NET Framework 4 Full as this is the only .NET Framework that applies to 64bit Win7 OS. HP in Japan comes loaded with software from both Roxio and Cyberlink. My original OS was Vista however I did an upgrade to Win 7. I might have to do a complete reinstall of Win 7, I'm afraid. Or just scrap the whole Cyberlink all together. (-_-?). I did have to uninstall all my previous Roxio and Cyberlink software before the OS upgrade. If anyone has any other ideas please feel free to help.

Thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have an unlock key for the trial version however I cannot get the the trail version installed first.
Where did you get that from?
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART C

And if that doesn't work see below.

I. Reboot PC.

Before carrying out part II please ensure you have ...... Go to Tools > Folder Options > View tab > Select "Show hidden files and folders"

II. Install Microsoft cleanup tool and clean PowerDirector installation information Install Microsoft cleanup tool and execute from "Start\all programs\WindowsInstaller Cleanup" To check if PowerDirector is on product list, If you can see PowerDirector in product list. Select
PowerDirector and click "Remove" button to clean up PowerDirector.
Microsoft cleanup tool: PART P

III. Remove PowerDirector folder and clean up PowerDirector Registry
Please try the following steps.
1. Remove C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector folder
2. Remove C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1} folder
3. Run regedit (Start --> Run --> type "regedit" )
(1) Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDirector
(2) Remove
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}
(3) Remove
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield Uninstall Information\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}
(4) Remove
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}

Dafydd