Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello
Is there any option to add automatic subtitle to my video?
It's a long speech and I don#t want to do it manually
PowerDirector does not have the ability to convert speech to text.

However there is software that can. How accurate is unknown. Search for "Speech to Text", you may find a low cost software.

There is also Subtitle software that is very good at editing Subtitles.
You need a *.srt file to import into Powerdirector Subtitle room. SRT has time codes, TXT does not have time codes.
CPKR, Are you running Windows 7 on your computer? PD18 does not support AC3 audio on Windows before Windows 10 because of a change Cyberlink made to use the OS support for some audio formats.

Powerdirector 15 does support AC3 audio on Windows 7.

Your other option is to use a file converter to convert the video with AC3 audio to either AAC or WAV audio.
You can put links in Youtube's description section. You know one that appears below the video when you play the video.

There is no way to put a clickable link in video, although you can put a Color board wth text in a video.
You can also just put Text on the screen anywhere.
You can also type in the time code in the preview player.

You can expand and contract the tiime line by dragging the time markers right or left.

Thanks for your reply. I did compress them with VLC media player before putting them together. Could that be the issue?
I do not know. If VLC used a Variable bit rate to compress, then it is possible. If you use constant bit rate, you should not have a sync problem.
Quote I made two videos in PD18 Ultimate.

When I put them in a new project back to back and render them about halfway through the second section the audio starts to get off track and worsens as the video continues.

I am not doing anything fancy here.

Any suggestions?
If your audio is from a variable rate MP3 source, that is known to cause sync problems with audio and video.

Variable rate audio from any source may cause the sync to drift.
Quote Sorry! I spent years as an artist specilised in ink and pencil on paper...
Learning to drawn in a grahic program is a huge learning process.

You can buy Drawing Pads so you can input your hand drawing directly into a graphics program.

There is the Windows built in program "Paint" that can be used to capture your hand movements on the drawing pad.

There is also some very good free graphic programs. Paint.net is one. I used Paint.net of draw a picture of a woman's face that came out pretty good, as I am not an artist, I cheated, I traced a picture.

Do a search using the term "drawing pads for pc" without quotes in Google.com. You will get lots of suggestions for Drawing Pads.

Quote Hello
I had to re unstall windows10 on my PC following troubleshooting .
I have all versions of Power Director ( 14-15-16-17-18 and Power Director 365 ) .
I would like to find the same state if possible for all plugins ( NewBlue,.....) and all packages.
I have kept also some folders for my own Titles .

Do I have to reinstall everything or just PD 365.
Thank you for your response
Regards
Michel
If you do not use the older Powerdirector's, there is no need to reinstall them. The latest is Director Suite 365, that is all that is necessary.

There may be features in some of the older versions that you may want on your computer. Personally I have PowerDirector 15 suite installed as well as 365 suite. I use PD15 for editing some older videos that were recorded with AC3 Audio, 365 does not do AC3 audio.

Quote Any idea on how I can swap one photo for another in an existing slideshow. I somehow put an incorrect photo in one place in the slideshow?
I am farily new to PowerDirector, so a novice on editing.
Load the original project, You can replace the wrong photo for the correct one, then produce the project again.
Quote What app or software are you using to download (legally) music for videos? TIA
It is not the app that is needed, is the copyright you need. Most music on the internet is copyrighted.

There is Royalty free music available from many sources. Just search for "Royalty free music".

Royalty free music is not free, you purchase a license to use it.
PowerDirector video Editor does not run on a Mac computer. Cyberlink PowerDirector is Windows computer only.

You can edit .dv files on a Windows computer using PowerDirector.

.dv file may have been a Mac creation, but the video files can be edited on any video editor that supports the .dv format. If you only have a Mac computer, then you need a Mac video editor. There are some for $$$.
Have you tried re-installing PowerDirector?

To do so, Add Remove programs (in Windows Control panel) Remove PowerDirector 365. (Windows 10 'add remove programs' in search is the quick way to get there.

open CyberLink Application Manager then install PowerDirector.

That will force all of the components of PD to be installed.
Quote I appreciate the reply but I still have questions.

Some further background: First, I'm viewing the finished product, whether via thumbdrive or DVD, on a Blu-Ray player. Second, I have produced the finished product using H.264 AVC with default settings (1280 x 720).

OK, you are using a HD setting. If you are burning a DVD+R disk using the AVC setting, then you are creating a HD disk that only plays in a Bluray player.

In your note, are you using the term DVD to mean a standard-definition disc and the term Blu-Ray to mean a high-definition disc?

That is correct. You can burn a BluRay disk (BR-R) that contains Standard Definition video. DVD is a type of media, Bluray is another type of media, requires a Bluray Burner to write. You can write AVCHD to a DVD+R or DVD-R disk in a DVD burner.

The bottom line is that I want to burn a disc that has a high-definition slideshow along with a menu. I know I have a high-definition slideshow after the production stage because I've viewed it (via both thumb drive and burned DVD) on my Blu-Ray player. The problem is that if I go through the menu phase using PD18 and then burn to disc using PD18 the quality when viewed on my Blu-Ray player is not good. Am I missing something in how I burn to disc? Is there a setting I need to change?

I really do not know why the menu creation would be so poor. I have seen in the past where the Menu is created at a lower definition than the content. I don't know the factors that cause that. That pretty much depends on the program and the quality of the parts of the Menu. You can see those differences if you check the menus on DirectorZone. The menus supplied in PowerDirector 18 and PowerDirector 365 should be high quality,
A DVD is a standard definition media, unless you created a AVCHD DVD which only plays on the computer or in a Bluray player.

If you were playing the video that you were going to burn to a DVD, it was probably a HD videeo (1280 x 720 an above). Then when you played the DVD in the DVD player that was a noticable difference in quality.

None of the above has anything to do with menu creation, it has to do the the fact a DVD is Standard Definition (720 x 480).
AVCHD DVD is High definition (1280 x720 and above) which you can burn to a DVD disk.

That is my thoughts.

Carl312.
Quote Don't want the automatic upload.
To save your project,

1. You must produce the video you want to upload to your account on Youtube.

2. You must "Save Project as" into a folder your working files are stored on your hard drive.

3. To save all of the content of your project, File > Pack Project Materials, PD will ask what folder to save the Pack Project to.

4. That Packed Project is a portable project. It can be reloaded in on any computer that has Powerdirector 18 and above and re-edited. You can save that packed project on external media for permanent storage

Quote Hi Everyone
I have an issue with sound hiccups, what I mean is, when in my project I join 2 files, even though I use a transition for the video and overlap the audio of both files and even fade out 1 audio as the other audio fades in I get a little sound break in the audio. Anyone with a suggestion to fix this?
Thanks
Sometime you get a noise in preview, usually that noise is not in the produced video. You would have to do a produce of just the transition area, then play the produced video to see if there is any noise.
Quote Sorry for not giving my thanks earlier. I do appreciate the feedback from both other users.

This all got me thinking, so I finally used a technique that may be a bit of overkill, but it does work well on my project that has many different photos with various colors and objects.

In Photoshop I created a horizontal JPG that has a transparency black gradient. The bottom of the JPG is 50% transparent, the top is 100% transparent. The JPG is placed at the bottom of the frames. Therefore there is no visible text background line, either top or bottom.

I place the JPG on a timeline, stretched it for the entire video. The subtitles are placed at the bottom of all frames. If I need to, I can clip the JPG and set its transparency different for different sections of the video. But I've found that I needed to do that just a few times.

Make sense ? It worked well for me.

Clark
The .PNG format for photos works best if you are using Transparency. JPG does not support transparency in PowerDirector.

You can create transparent PNG in a free application "Paint.net". And others.

Thanks.
I have 360 GB free space, and besides the image was created successfully outside the BD 2018 folder on the same problem harddrive, strange but now the annual BD was burned and Mums happy
May be Powerdirector does not like the folder name, try creating that folder within Powerdirector. Also try no space between BD and 2018.

Default name for Disk folder creation is My Video.

See my attachment below. Everything is listed fine in my members area, but the download link directly guieds me to the application manager. I will contact the customer support, but I would guess the option to backup the digital version has been discontinued, probably to continue promoting the 365 Version and making live for perpetual license buyers as inconvinient as possible
Did you try running the link to download PD18? Cyberlink now has a download manager to download the stand a lone version because the download manager can start the download from where it stopped if there is a problem with your internet connection.

When you purchase, Cyberlink sends you a link in email for the digital download, did you check your email after puchasing?
Quote I just updated and now I can't do my work because it is so ridiculously slow! I can't scroll through the video to the frame I want because the image doesn't move although it scrolls through the audio.
It depends on what version of Powerdirector you have, You did not give any information. No way for anybody to give you an good answer.
I can be reasonbly sure that any monitor that works well for CAD/CAM software would work well with Video Editing, The important factor for video editing is speed of the computer, just about any graphics card can be used for video editing. Good specs for the video card (speed and Ram) will work well for video editing. If your primary focus is CAD/CAM, build the system around those specs.

Computer specs for Powerdirector 18:

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/specs_en_US.html

I bet any compter that works for powerdirector 18 would also work well for CAD/CAM.
Go to: