Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The 1st link, is blending effect, should click the Tools button
To facilitate finding titles should expand Titles Room, see the image
If you take 60 fps footage and slow it by half and render at 60 fps, you will certainly have jerky footage, would you not?

I can't be doing 60 fps uploads - I need them at 30 fps.

In my understanding. slow motion effect 0.5 x
60 fps render, every 2 frames 1 is used and 1 scorned.
Rendering at 60 fps is what happens.

30 fps from 60 fps I do not know how PD16 behaves.
If every 4 frames 1 is used and 3 scorned, it will not be good I guess.
If you are going to produce the video at 60P first.
Then convert to 30P all 30P video will stay the same.
Note that the video does not flow as smoothly as before 60P

Are you recommending that my timeline should be at 60 fps despite rendering at 30 fps? Everywhere I've seen recommends editing at the same FPS that you are rendering - which makes sense because there is the potential to be making cuts and adjustments that
don't fall in the proper rendered time codes.

On the 1st topic I understood that you were filming at 60 fps.
Either way, the format you choose to Produce the video, will prevail
In Motion Track Editor, you can add many tracks.
You can add image, video or text to each track.
I think there is no way to zoom, put a video that contains the zoom

It seemed easier the way I did.
I do not know if it will suit what you want.
After creating the 1st Motion track
Copy this to another track
Make divisions where time will change
use images with numbers and transparent background or not.
Overlap part of the image, the image of the time division, in the menu that appears select, Replace.
There are videos showing a stopwatch, you can use this or another in place of the image.
When preparing the image or video, make the adjustments, to fit your way the first image
If you use video with clock, you can try to set the time using Video Speed.
Depending may not need to split, Motion track
video attachment done this way
Your R9 290x video card is worth 2 of my R9 270 as I saw it here.
http://www.hwcompare.com/16550/radeon-r9-270-vs-radeon-r9-290x/
Want to improve timeline editing on PD16.
You upgraded video drivers, realized that you can not use HA for interlaced fullhd videos and the editing got heavy on the timeline.
Here I returned to the last drive that runs HA July 2017.
non-whql-win7-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.7.1-july10
Enable Open CL improves editing primarily with effects on the timeline.
If there is something different, type uses the current drive with no problems please let me know, Thanks
As for the CPUs, its got 8 colors the other one has 12, PD16 uses all to render in this case will be 50% better.
But for application that uses 1 core your current CPU should be better clock is higher as I see here http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4790K/ 3937vs2384
Thank you! Unfortunately, I add some color adjustments, so the SVRT won't work. The 30 fps is preferrable for uploading, since it is a small file size. Also, if I use 60 FPS, then the slow motion sections won't run smoothly (since halving their speed won't work properly

I do not understand 60 fps gets worse than 30 fps for slow motion effect.
Here is the opposite currently PD16 is set to 60 fps for editing even for videos 30 fps, improves for slow motion effect, also the quality of other effects applied to the video.
In general I produce fullHD (P) 59.94 fps 20 Kbps.
Then convert to another standard usually MPEG2 (P) 29.97 fps to create DVD in this case I use another application to create DVD, because PD converts the video to interlaced and worsens the image as I see it.
To reduce file size sent to Youtube I prefer to reduce bit rate and maintain 60 fps. I have used 10 Kbps
For me the Title Desinger has not changed much.
You can put the question and answer together in the same module.
Or create 1 module for question and another for response.
If you are going to use multiple ones along the timeline, use the Copy / Paste and type the new text
Save title to the Library. In this case the title will assume the default time PD16
My sugestion
Do the 60P edition
Produce using Intelligent SVRT if possible.
If SVRT works well, in addition to fast your video remains as the original, rendering is applied only where it has an effect.
If SVRT is not possible, create a profile similar to the original video.
In the Timeline right-click, on the video select Properties, use the values ​​for the new profile.
If necessary, Produce this video, 60 (P) fps to 30 (P) fps.
If it still is not good, do it in other software and compare it.
Note 60P fullhd, you may need to enable shadow files for editing to be smoother.
Adding to what Haitti showed.

When producing video, first try Intelligent SVRT, this is the best option, if available and working 100%

You can check SVRT, in the Edit module, on the keyboard press Alt + S

The green bar above the video, indicates no rendering required
I checked here, I can switch between Edit and Create Disc multiple times without problems.
I do not understand CPU with 6 cores being better than another with 8 cores. it may be magic or AMD engineers are running behind.

One should also consider that the producer or sympathizer will say that their product is better.

http://hwbench.com/cpus/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-vs-intel-core-i7-8700k

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-2700/3937vsm470612

https://www.forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2018/03/26/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-review-leak-faster-than-core-i7-8700k-and-ryzen-7-1800x/#697e68414d1e

See a recent analysis on the topic https://turbofuture.com/computers/cpuprocessors
Quote Hello.

I encountered a severe problem.
When I try to produce my project, the software immediatly shutdown with this message.
https://ibb.co/eOswP7

Don't understand why. Everything was fine before that and didn't touched anything.
Can't do anything ?
PD just closes immediatly.

Please help.

This has happened to me a few times, I return to the project, Produce do well in the 2nd time.
if you can do your project again, save every 3 or 4 minutes, in case an error happens, will know where and correct.

Another way is undoing the project.

Save the project under another name to preserve the original.

it deletes parts in the timeline and saving, maybe the error disappears when deleting what is causing the error.
Quote I must have checked the box on the opening screen that said timeline, storyboard and slideshow. Now it only opens in timeline.
I want to open the slideshow creator but can't find it. I'm new and stupid so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Configure startup, see image PD16 Startup

Add some images to the timeline
Highlight some of them
Slideshow button appears.
More options:
Use Magic Tools, button
see the image
Quote I can't enable SVRT to encode in power director 12
I have Intel i7 processor, Win-10

All options in prefrerence is enabled
In Produce I attempted to enable the intelligent SVRT

I simply can't enable this option
I'm doing MPEG-4 and I'm an experienced user

My Expertise with SVRT
100% FUNCTION for Progressive MPEG4 files
It works for MTS or M2TS files, 100% for files with no effects on the timeline, a simple transition disables SVRT at some point it returns to work after it disables again it always does so in the transition from mode to another.

This also in PD16 that I use now, in this SVRT shows 100% green in the timeline, in Intelligent SVRT 100%, but by the progress of the render it is clear that it is not working.
I agree with Fenman, SVRT uses the CPU, it does not depend on the GPU.
HA when enabled speeds up rendering, smooth CPU work for other tasks.
In my case, render about 20% faster and CPU drops down to 50%
Quote Just started using PD16 after much time with PD14. Today I tried to Create Disc and was only able to select MP4,720 or SmartFit even though the video was produced in H.264,MP4,1920/1080.
How do I Create Disc in 1920?

Yes PD16 can create DVD / AVCHD
This disc can be played back in BluRay Player or PC.
This DVD can not be played on a DVD-video player.
see the image
Quote Thanks again!

But with "right click" - "Edit video/image" its not possible...

Strange!?

As shown by Hatti and The Shadowman, you should only select videos and click on the Button, Tools, Power Tools.

Do not right click.
[quotePostId=300426]first time user of the software, been making home movies for awhile on a lesser software and anxious to get into the upgrades here (like color grading!)

i'm scratching my head over one issue! if i'm in the middle of the timeline and i move a clip or shorten a clip i get the dialogue box 'close gaps'? but if i do anything to the FIRST item on the timeline, (move a jpeg to just after the second clip OR shorten the first clip) there's no dialogue to 'close the gap! i guess i could select all and drag . but there has got to be an automatic way to take away the dead open space at the front, right? i can't find it...

thanks for any help![/quotePostId]

You must select the appropriate option.

see the image
Quote Unfortunately nothing works. This should be the most simple procedure. Maybe I need to reinstall the software.
Hatti, thanks for your time

Note:
Combine only works to join what has been Divided, in the same video clip.
It is the same as undoing a wrong Division.
Does not work if part of the video is missing.
It does not work to combine video sequences with different name or numbering.

I use, [1 time] Split, to uncertain a transition, [2 times] Split to delimit part to delete from the vide.
Quote Hi I have noticed that there seems to be some functions missing.
Is there an upgrade available even though I use a subscription for PD16?

Thank you.

In PD, the tools come up as you select, image, video, audio, etc ... in the timeline.
Buttons open, tool menus or effects.
Click right on the video has more options.
AudioDierctor is for correcting or improving audio when you need it.
Quote I have made a title template with Title Designer. When I insert the title into the time line, the default length is 10 min. How can I change this?

To change the Default value, Title
Preferences, Editing, Durations: Title
see the image
PD has no way to set the duration, for specific Title, saved.
Quote I would like scrolling vertical text to begin at a fixed position on the screen and then start scrolling. I don't want the text to begin off screen and then scroll up. I've been using the ending credits titler but that starts off screen.

A suggestion.
Use the opacity to hide the text to the position that should appear, see image

Another option, for short title only, creates an image with text, and background transparent, in Pip Designer move as you want
Go to: