Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD changes audio output settings when bitstreaming
Kris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2010 14:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
In PowerDVD 9 (latest version) I select HDMI and "output non-decoded HD audio" something. This works great - the Processor shows the HD-audio format in the display. However, If I play a DVD, the setting in PowerDVD automatically changes to "output non-decoded Dolby Digital/DTS". All good, but when I watch a HD movie, it's stuck at the DD/DTS, and the option to select non-decoded HD-audio is midding in PowerDVD.

Any workaround? Others with the same problem? There should be a way for powerDVD to remember to always output the highest quality audio if I select it.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Kris,

thanks for your feedback. We will forward your suggestion.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
JONATHON [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2009 18:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am using the latest version v2528 and am unable to select the Dolby TrueHD unless the blue ray is currently playing. Please allow us to have two configurations settings, one for blue ray and a separate one of DVD or one for highest bitstreaming possible. These settings should be available whether or not a disk is playing.