Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blue Screen of death when trying to burn cds or dvds
Al [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2010 00:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have the following problem:
when I try to burn a disc (normally a dvd) with Power2Go, either starting it directly or going thru the main UI of Cyberlink DVD Suite, my computer gets the Blue Screen of Death and reboots.

Here's the detail:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1
BCP1: 0000000073A22DD9
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 000000000000FFFF
BCP4: FFFFF8800B425CA0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\011310-45349-01.dmp
C:\Users\Alfio\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-141180-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I have a HP laptop, model dv6-1360us, running Windows 7 home premium.
Last time Power2Go worked without my problems, was some 3 weeks ago (=last time I burned anything until today). I tried finding new drivers for my dvd rw drive, reinstalling the driver, checking online for solutions, but I can't find anything.

Also, I can actually burn stuff using windows media player, but other programs like for example Any DVD Cloner Platinum, cause the same blue screen of death (it's making me think the problem is not Power2Go, but I am not an expert...)...

Can anyone help pls? Thanks.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've encountered these BSOD's nearly EVERY time I wanted to burn a project to DVD.
Giving it a second try immediately after the reboot - astonishingly - worked EVERY time.

Since I quit all unneccessary procedures running in background of my WinXP, I haven't seen the BSOD once.
I open the procedures list of Win Task Manager, and quit all 'add-on'-procedures which run in background, such as ipodservice, getright, applemobildedeviceservice, setpoint, richvideo, boincmgr, googleupdate, googletoolbarnotifier, groovemonitor, ituneshelper - or similar. You'll find similar of them on your system.
If your system becomes unstable - just reboot and the service is on again.
Nevertheless be careful at that!
I'd never quit a firewall or virusblocker!
Michael.
Al [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2010 00:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mike,

thanks for the help, first of all.

I tried what you suggested, killing off every process that wasn't really needed but the problem is still there.

I forgot to mention, but Windows says it's a "APC_INDEX_MISMATCH" problem...don't know if this helps...