Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT ??????
PETER [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2009 12:51 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I get the following error eachtimeI try to create a DVD or burn to a file: Cyberlink Power Director could not adjust the target profile to fit the new SVRT rule before MakeProduction... Please help! I just downloaded PD8 and I am stuck. I am using windows 7. Is it possible to disable the SVRT?? Thanks Pete
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Once you click on Produce, down near the bottom. Uncheck the box Fast Video Rendering Technology, or set it to Hardware Encoder, if that option is available. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I haven't heard of this error message before. Jaime is perfectly correct in how to get around using SVRT when producing to file.

In addition to this, I would advise a clean uninstall and reinstall of PD8. Instructions on how to do that are here:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Once you've done that, see if the error re-occurs.

What type of media files are you working with?

Cheers,

Andrew
Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
Marcel Straka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2010 05:35 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have the same problem. I am evaluating PowerDirector 8 and I tried to created a sample DVD form my Sony DVD camcorder footage. Editing was OK, but when I try to burn DVD (or just create DVD on disk) using the Create Disc menu, I am always getting the same error. I can, however, produce MPEG-2 video to file using Produce menu, but that doesn't create DVD with menu.

Do you have any hints, please? This is preventing me from buying this software.

Thank you
Marcel
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Where is the video source material located, on your Hard Drive?

Images would be good.
1. Of the Edit workspace - video library and Tracks.
2. Of the actual warning message

READ these guides:
You can not pinpoint the issue BUT you can give more detail of content and provide a visual image as well as a diagnostic of your set up. Please note that 3 (x100kb) images/files can be attached to your reply.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it
PART B - provide it
PART F - use them
PART E - an alternative
PART D - presentation is important

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 30. 2010 12:12

Marcel Straka [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

the source video clips are on an external USB HDD. The screenshots are attached.

Here is further info:
A: 8.00.2704
B: attached
C: I have a clean fresh installation

I have played with the issue a bit and here are some further findings:
1. I can produce the MPEG-2 using Produce menu successfully
2. When I go to burn disc, remove current project from the list and replace it with the previously produced mpeg file, I can burn the DVD - but I lose chapters and probably it is re-rendered again?

Thank you
Regards
Marcel
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
468 time(s)
[Thumb - powerdirector.jpg]
 Filename
powerdirector.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
113 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
298 time(s)
[Thumb - powerdirectoredit.jpg]
 Filename
powerdirectoredit.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
193 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
282 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Marcel,
I have referred the error message to CyberLink.

1. I'm concern about the source material and where you're getting it from to edit. USB HDD are not the best place to edit from - I wouldn't do it at all. Go place the data in an internal HDD.
2. I'm surmising that the video is miniDV from the frame size and you've scene segmented it but please correct me if I'm wrong.

What is the source material? Please could you use a software called MediaInfo (free) and extract text information from it.

Go to and join: http://seemyworldonvideo.com/pages/extras-news-items.html you find lots of tools for a video editor there.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Marcel Straka [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

thank you for your reply. I know USB disk is not an ideal option but it should only affect the performance when editing/producing, right? I was using it just for testing.

Regarding the source files, they come from a Sony DCR-DVD205 camcorder, i.e. a DVD camcorder. They are in so called 'VR' format - I have attached the output from the MediaInfo utility. I've used scene detect to split the VRO vide file into small clips, which I've then arranged in Editing mode. Some of them are split/trimmed. I've put a simple title in the beginning and that's about all the editing process.

Regards
Marcel
Marcel Straka [Avatar]
[Post New]
...and the attachment
 Filename
SourceInfo.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
251 time(s)
Merrily [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2011 14:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
[Hello there I do not know how to use a FORUM so........ I have just gone into someone's message and hope that by hitting SUBMIT I ll get an answer. I have the same error message

Burning unsuccessful

Possible causes Cyberlink Power Director cound not Adjust the target profile to fit new SVRT rule before Make production

I have used a successful mpeg2 made with Power director and tried just to use that

I have used a power director project to no avail.

Again I hope this is the way to get a message on a forum.

I dont want titles or anyting like that I just want a disk that is formatted as a DVD Maybe you can see from this entry that I am not too wise.

The reason I want to make A DVD is that in my mind that will enable the disk to be usable in more machines

I dont use titles or dont think I want to.

Merrily