Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Get rid off the embedded ads?
sjordi
Member Location: Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 03, 2008 03:15 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have bought PowerDirector 8 Ultra and have ads, for example, when I burn a DVD.

Any way to get rid off those ads? I mean I PAID the full product and it's certainly not to have ads like a trial edition.

Thanks for any help. __________________
Steve JORDI
Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA
[Post New]
I'm with you, the ads are annoying, and I did pay for this product. mkh productions
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Editors!

This may help you with a solution to your requests.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8042.page

Kevin

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 16. 2009 11:03

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
sjordi
Member Location: Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 03, 2008 03:15 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Good,
but then,, one has to manually check whether there is a new patch released.
But I can live with that. I prefer not to have ads

Thanks for your help.
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I don't have the ads - because I don't allow PDr.exe net access. I retain strict control of program access to the net for ALL programs.

I suggest you start monitoring your PC - check your firewall.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I don't have the ads - because I don't allow PDr.exe net access. I retain strict control of program access to the net for ALL programs.

I suggest you start monitoring your PC - check your firewall.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Except, the PC is constantly trying over and over again to get out to the web to grab the ads. Sure, the firewall blocks them, as does modifying the hosts file, but its just not necessary.

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Agreed Steve -

Those kind of promotional banners are the kind of stuff you expect to see on trial versions - personally, I don't think it's a good look.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Jim May
Newbie Location: Buffalo, NY Joined: Aug 29, 2009 00:47 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, another poor descision by Cyberlink. Once it downloads a few ads, there's now way to get ride of them???

Definitianly trail version junk... This program works about as good as a trail program, maybe even a Microsoft Beta...

You guys need to get back to the drawing board and release a patch to few many of the users concerns that keep poping up. You can't issue updated software and eliminate basic features or add junk like this...
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes, another poor descision by Cyberlink. Once it downloads a few ads, there's now way to get ride of them???

Definitianly trail version junk... This program works about as good as a trail program, maybe even a Microsoft Beta...

You guys need to get back to the drawing board and release a patch to few many of the users concerns that keep poping up. You can't issue updated software and eliminate basic features or add junk like this...

"We Guys" are not cyberlink. This is a forum of users that help each other. None of us work for or have direct contact with cyberlink, though there is a suggestion box up top of the forum. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.