Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to move a Project and files from Church PC to Home PC V. 7
James [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2009 20:41 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I edit our church services on Power Director 7. When I need to take a project home, the settings, Custom Titles, Chapters, and Menu templates do not open when I get home on my computer which also has a licensed copy of the same Power Director 7. This also happens when taking projects from home and using on another computer that has PD7. I save the files in the same external hard Drive folder, but the menus and settings do not come over.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 11. 2009 11:07

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
You need to give yourself a name so that the post is not locked and people can't answer you.

Use the Pack function to pack your project to, say a USB drive/stick. This gives a portable project that has all the assets and the project file.

Directors Chair>File>Export>Pack

Also would be useful to view the video tutorials here
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3523.page

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Is the issue really packing for the custom Titles, Menu templates and such that are referenced? Seems to me one needs to copy over the "Custom" PD features from ....C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\My Documents\CyberLink

Jeff
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
OOPS sorry James , Read this in the middle of fixing a broken car seat mounting in a rush.

You're quite right Jeff, thanks for correcting me.

My mistake - Must take more time before answering.

Apologies.

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
James [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the quick response. When I make my custom menus, with video background, and special title with church logo I sometime need to do some editing when I get home. When I Export package material and go home to import the files I end up having to redo the titles, and menus because they are not in the same format or come up as missing. Or, if Save the project to a folder on my external drive called DVD Files the custom menu does not show up that has all the church images or the transition effects are not the same.

I am looking for a clean way to save my project and go to another computer that has all the patches updated and open it and keep working with all the menus looking the same. If I make a new menu or title they don't show up on the new computer, and I have to redo it before publishing.
vn800rider
[Post New]
James,

Just checking on my old PD7 system :-

for me Custom menus, which are sequentially numbered, are

C:\Documents and settings\Adrian\My documents\Cyberlink\Custom menus\2.5\ menu_000
etc

PiPs, titles and paths are
C:\Documents and settings\Adrian\My documents\Cyberlink\Powerdirector\7.0

As far as I can recall, if you copy these to the correct folder locations in the 'new' system, PD will pick them up after restarting.

It's some time since I did this so I hope this is correct. I cannot recall if all the files required, eg specific video/audio files, for the custom menus and titles etc are contained within the custom folders - I think they are but others will confirm this???

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
James [Avatar]
[Post New]
I never tried going to the cyberlink directory folders. For all the money that we paid you would think there would be a cleaner way to export a project and the settings without having to go into the directory folder of the program and copy and paste the content. Thanks for the directions, they will save me alot of time in the near future.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi James -

I would think that copying the files you need to take to another PC isn't all that unclean. Software developers don't typically cater for the transfer of customised files to various PC's.

There is plenty of file synchronisation software available that might help you overcome the difficulty of working on two PC's... and even those rely on physical transfer via external drive or web space. Just google "file synchronis/ze" and you'll find plenty of freebies.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2009 15:41

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dioni [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2014 10:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Software developers should think more about our users needs and not so much about how easy it would be for our users to overcome the difficulties we lay in front of them. I'm a pretty techy person, software developer myself, and the system is pretty un-clean, to say the least

Cheers!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 19. 2014 12:19

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Dioni, you posted this in a thread that is over 5 years old. There have been 6 new releases since version 7. CyberLink is generally pretty good about responding to the needs and wishes of the users when it can be worked into a new release. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Dioni [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2014 10:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not saying they're not, just that what the previous poster says in his message to justify a not very clear implementation does not make much sense. Devs should think about and implement ful scenarios. As a Power DIrector user I couldn't care less about being able to use One Drive to synch my stuff.

Cheers,
Dioni