Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fade to black... How?
ROBIN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2009 16:07 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I've just started using Power Director, but I have used a different video editor, so I'm not a complete beginner. However, I'm trying to do something which would be very simple in my previous program, and I'm sure is simple here once I know how.

All I want to do is to fade my video at the end to black. But none of the effects seem to do that. I tried an alternative approach - zoom out - but it won't go far enough for my liking. I'd like to zoom to nothing, but it won't go that far, unless anyone can tell me different.

So I guess that's 2 questions:
1. How do I fade completely out to a single colour (e.g. black)?
2. How do I zoom out further than a factor of 200?

Thanks
Robin Withey
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ROBIN -

Just insert a colour board after the last clip (you'll find them at the top - click on All Content), then apply a fade.

About the zooming - what is it you want to zoom? Do you mean zoom the clip off the screen (expanding or shrinking)?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ROBIN [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow - quick reply! Thanks

By coincidence, I had just discovered colour boards through browsing the other posts, and I was trying something along the lines of putting it in the PiP track and fading it in. Can I do that? The colour board doesn't seem to have a fade in option.

I'll try your suggestion instead. Thanks again.

Robin
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Use fade in Transition Room... only applies to master track.

The PIP tracks give you lots of options for modification. If you describe exactly what you want to do, someone will be able to help.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ROBIN [Avatar]
[Post New]
Great, that's just what I wanted, thanks. Also, I hadn't even noticed the Fade transition, which was what I wanted to use for the rest of my transitions, until you mentioned it. I think I have selective blindness (must be my age!)

Thanks yet again

Robin
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
There's tons of tutorials on Youtube at the Cyberlink channel.

Also tons of Powerdirector stuff at the http://seemyworldonvideo.com/index.php website.

Check them out when you get a chance.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2009 21:48

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
ROBIN [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for that link.

Although Power Director seems easier to use than the previous package I had, it's still not obvious how to do certain things I know I can do with the other program (Edit Studio). However, the main advantage is that Power Director doesn't crash when I try to open .MOD files from my new JVC Everio camcorder.

I'm sure I'll be back, but I'll do my best to check out the tutorials and forums before asking stupid/obvious questions.

Thanks
Robin
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Glad to see you resolved your questions with eloquent solutions from the members in this forum.

I am very new to this software and forum myself, and have used several other editing software packages (choosing to leave them anonymous ), but am quite pleased with the variety of possibilities available with PD8.

With that said.....what is obvious to one is a mystery to another. It takes a bit getting used to the different controls and methods of accomplishing what is in your head and how to make it happen with the software.

This forum has many solutions within it and many solutions just looking for a chance at being solved by interested members!!

Good Luck and Happy editing!

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.