Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dummy Mixer CallBack Window 0x115b1e8 PDR.exe - Application Error
Carol [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2006 11:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Help...my PD5 keeps crashing with this error...Dummy Mixer CallBack Window 0x115b1e8 PDR.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x7c2821b2" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The memory could not be "read", Click on OK to terminate the problem.

Also, I have been trying to brighten the color of the video but it will not work. It defaults back to the original dark lighting.

Thanks,
Carol

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29. 2007 09:02

Keith [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 28, 2007 07:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Just adding that I have also been etting that error - occurs when a large project is trying to load and the timeline loads to 99% and freezes...
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Okay you need to first of all look at your system and the positioning of your data for use in the timeline. This is really basic checking "stuff" which you should do to try and eliminate simple problems.

1. Place video on your PC's hard drive (not called from camera's or external HD's)
2. Place the video and images to edit into "My Works".
3. Use short names for your files
4. Defragment your hard drive
5. Check the space available is double the GB space of the files being edited.
6. Clean the laser on your disc drive. Disc drives do burn out and should be replaced.
7. Saving pds files regularly to different names so you have a backup.
8. Check your drivers are uptodate (graphic drivers have been known to clash with software so do a Search Engine look up for problems).
9. Hardware failing - secondary hardware on a PC can have faults and cause problems...finding these are hard.
10. Uninstall and re-install your PD
11. Stop your background programs running
12. Up your RAM
13. Increase the size of your PC (get a bigger better faster computer)
14. Scream!

Okay this is the first check list.

I must stress I'm NOT tech support and I'm giving this information to encourage self-help.

Dafydd
 Filename
PD uninstall.txt
[Disk]
 Description
PD Uninstall
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
72 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 30. 2007 05:45

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

Okay to report a problem in PowerDirector you need to provide:

1. Version and build number - look in Help/About.
2. You have to write down specifically what actions you've taken to culminate in the problem/report.
3. You should look to eliminate/help yourself by looking and carrying out what I've mentioned in the above post.
4. you should look to produce a DxDiag.txt file to help - Tech Support

Tech Support is the first place to contact. The forum has many solutions... and it's a great place to post.

Dafydd
 Filename
ToCreate-DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DirectX Diagnostic report
 Filesize
564 bytes
 Downloaded:
47 time(s)
Keith [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 28, 2007 07:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for your comprehensive reply. I'm new to PD, not to PCs/ video editing, so had tried all of these, but it was helpful to read what someone else would recommend trying. I'm using PD in a school with pupils for whom I thought something like Adobe Premiere Pro would be too complex; I now think that I've underestimated what they want to do and overestimated what Power Director is capable of. It still wins on its handling of MOD file format created by JVC Everio cameras!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you for your comprehensive reply. I'm new to PD, not to PCs/ video editing, so had tried all of these, but it was helpful to read what someone else would recommend trying. I'm using PD in a school with pupils for whom I thought something like Adobe Premiere Pro would be too complex; I now think that I've underestimated what they want to do and overestimated what Power Director is capable of. It still wins on its handling of MOD file format created by JVC Everio cameras!

I would describe PD as a "fast edit" tool and it is very effective in producing video. The problem with high end editors is a lot of the features are not used most of the time... and for many camcorder owners it's a waste buying. I have been given many editing suites to use and I understand the dilemma you are being presented with.

I appreciate you mentioning you're not new... I understand.

I'm curious.... to know what precisely is happening at your end. Perhaps some additional information on the actions you're taking and the build version number* of the product you have.

* There was a problem with v1816

Dafydd
Mike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 24, 2007 16:06 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I am getting the identical error with the trial version of the software downloaded less than two weeks ago.

I have been getting repeated shutdown of the program with the exact same read error (addresses are identical). These failures are becoming more frequent as I use the program. It would most often occur when I first opened the application and attempted to load an existing pds file, but it is now occurring during routine edits in addition to when I open project files.

I just submitted the details to tech support, so I will post if I hear anything back from them. This is really unfortunate as I spent alot of hours editing some material and I may not buy the full version if I can't get this resolved.
Mike [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is the response I received to my inquiry. It is non-specific and suggests that support does not know what the exact conflict is, even though it is quite specific, repeatable and experienced by multiple users.

"Set display parameters." "Update drivers." "Turn off Virus scanners." "Reinstall the software...."
This is a poor response.

Dear User,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDirector software.

To resolve the issue, please follow the steps to re-install the Power Director software:-

Note : Please make sure that you have logged in as an "Administrator".

1. Reset your display settings, screen area to 1024*768, color depth to 16 bit and monitor refresh rate to 60 HZ.

2. Please update your VGA card driver, sound card driver and capture card drivers. You may contact your computer manufacturer to get the latest drivers.

3. Please click on the link below to update DirectX drivers (DirectX 9.0c)

default.aspx

4. Increase Virtual memory :

a. Right click on "MyComputer"
b. Select Properties -> Advance
c. Click on "settings" under Performance.
d. Select "Advance"
e. Click on "change" under Virtual memory.
f. Select "Custom" and enter initial value as "512" and Max value as "3024".

5. Start Windows in Selective Startup mode.

a. Click on Start.
b. Click on Run.
c. Type msconfig and click on OK.
d. A System Configuration Utility window will come up.
e. On General tab, select Selective Startup.
f. Uncheck "Load Startup Items".
g. Click on Apply.
h. Click on OK.
i. Click on Close.
j. It will ask you to restart your computer. Click on "Restart".

6. Uninstall PowerDirector software:

a) Start--> Programs -->Cyberlink PowerDirector --> Uninstall PowerDirector.

b) Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" --> click
"Software" --> click "Cyberlink" --> PowerDirector. Delete folder "PowerDirector".

c) Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" --> click
"Software" --> click "Cyberlink" --> PowerDirector. Delete folder "PowerDirector". Reboot your PC.

7. Reinstall PowerDirector.

Before installing your program, please close your MSN messenger. Since we found that MSN messenger my lock some installation programs.

8. To avoid any compatibility issues, please close all
- other software and utility applications
- including virus scans, screen saver and
- instant messaging software
- close any ANTI-SPYWARE installed on your system
- close any popup blocker installed.

before you launch PowerDirector.

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for immediate response for your further queries:

index.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to Cyberlink Products.

Thank You and Best Regards.

gemon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2007 11:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've the same problem

i'm working since one week but now i can't work with my project!!!

I'm using beta version....

Help me please!

sorry for my english, i'm italian boy.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2007 11:54

gemon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2007 11:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

SOLVED!!!!!!!
Mike [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK that's great - What was your solution? Did you find the source of the conflict?

marcus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2007 18:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Instead of all this crap, let the idiotic company release a FIX so that we who are tortured by this expensive endlessly crashing program will be saved!
Edric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2007 01:40 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
For the memory can not be "read" or "written" issue, please try to do by follwing steps:

1. Delete the all *.pf files under the "C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch"

2. Adjust the size of "Virtual Member", please go though the steps:
(1). Control Pannel->System
(2). Click on "Advanced" tab
(3). Click on "Setting" in the "Performance"
(4). Click on "Advanced" tab
(5). Click on "Change" and adjust the memory size more higher

3. Update your Anti-Virus software and do a full scan.

4. Refresh the registry for all the *.dll file (advence user recommended):
(1). Start->Run
(2). Type in "cmd" then press "Enter"
(3). Type in "for % 1 in (%windir%\system32\*.dll) do regsvr32.exe /s %1"
It will be take few more minutes for doing refresh, we also recommended you find a exprienced person to help you do this step.