Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Looping "Critical update needed" errors (PowerDVD 7 Ultra)
Ken [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2009 07:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just installed an LG Blu-Ray Burner which came with the Cyberlink Suite Software which included PowerDVD.

System: Brand new build running Vista 64 Bit, i7 950, 12GB Ram, X58 Chipset Mobo, and a single GTX 295 Graphics Card.

Problem: I keep getting "information" windows when trying to play Blu Ray DVD's. The first time the window appears is says "critical component updates are needed..." The first time this window appears, when I click "yes" to update, it directs me to a site which contains an update patch. After downloading and installing the update, the same window (critical component updates..) appears when trying to start a Blu Ray movie followed by "update complete." These same series of windows appear no matter how many time I click yes or no on the update window followed by the update complete window. Result is I can't play any Blu Ray movies.

Anyone else running into this problem with windows Vista. Customer Support sent me a reply but 90% of the information and instructions didn't seem to apply to anything to do with my system. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling this software with no success. I've also removed all of the suite software and installed only PowerDVD with no success. I've also tried installing the program using "run as administrator" and without using that option.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: This is for PowerDVD 7 Ultra which was bundled with the ODD.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 13. 2009 08:43

Taroko [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2009 10:32 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Exact the same behaviour with my system (E6700, Geforce 9800GTX+ and 190.38 driver, Vista HP 32bit) and a new LG GGW-H20L. I am not able to play BR, too, because of these always looping update questions. I upgraded to 7.3.5105.0 which seems to be the latest version for LG-ODD.

I tested two BR discs:

- "Death Proof" (looping errors follow after insert)

- "Miami Vice" (update error AND message disc inside is unsupported)

I contacted support a few days ago but have no answer right now.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 13. 2009 18:51

Glenn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2009 17:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Did it take the correct patch?? What starts yourPowerDVD SR with?

I had similar problem with LG GGC-H20L and Cyberlink Hi-Def Suite (inkluding PowerDVD 7.3 ULTRA built version 75.03.3516B SR HDS80103-01)

You might look at this post:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7780.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 26. 2009 04:02

Taroko [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2009 10:32 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Well, i installed the patched PowerDVD linked me to: CyberLink.5105_TaRe42_DVD090216-13.exe

The SR is DVD090216-13

How can i get the real patch for my bundled LG-Version of PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra? Everytime i make a fresh install it links me to the update above.

//edit

ok, i made a fresh install of Hi-def Suite and now it shows me same SR like you have with HD starting. But if i try to play a BD nothing happens if i decline the update dialog. And if i aggree it links me to the 5105-patch with DVD-SR

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 14. 2009 06:07

glenn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2009 12:52 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I passes here response I followed and it works beautifully! But I also uninstalled ALL components of BD-suite and Cyberlink since the links below contains the complete suite before installing.

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

In response to your concern, please follow the below given steps to resolve this issue :

1. Restart the computer.

2. Install Microsoft cleanup tool and clean PowerDVD installation information :-

Please visit the following link to download the specific utility from the Microsoft to remove the already installed software properly :-

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

Please install it and execute from "Start\All programs\WindowsInstaller Cleanup" To check if PowerDVD is on product list, If you can see PowerDVD in product list. Select PowerDVD and click "Remove" button to clean up PowerDVD.

3. Remove Power DVD folder and clean up PowerDVD Registry :-

i. Remove PowerDVD install folder and clean the PowerDVD registry :

a) Rename "PowerDVD" Folder to "PowerDVD-old"

The original PowerDVD Folder Path is :

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD

b) Delete the following folder :

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}

Please note that this directory is a hidden directory. So, first select 'Show hidden files and folder' option from 'Folder option' and then delete that folder.

Please follow the steps given below to do it :-

Open 'Control Panel' --> open 'Folder Options' --> click 'View' tab --> select 'Show hidden files and folder' --> click 'OK'.

Now delete the following folder :-

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{6811xxx-xxx}

Also delete the file 'IsProBE.tlb' from folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\

c) Run “regedit” by following steps :

Start --> Run (keyin ""regedit"") and then Hit “Ok”.

(1) Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDVD

(2) Remove

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}

(3) Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield Uninstall Information\{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}

(4) Remove
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}

d). Remove PowerDVD program ICON

(1) Program ICON: Delete C:\Document and settings\all user (or user login name)\desktop\PowerDVD

(2) PowerDVD program folder under “ALL Program”

Delete C:\Document and settings\all user (or user login name)\start menu\programs\PowerDVD

4. Reboot PC.

5. Delete PowerDVD folder (We changed the original PowerDVD folder name at step 3 and 1.) :

Delete C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD-old

6. Now, please visit the FTP link given below to download the latest build of PowerDVD 7.3 OEM LG version :

NOTE: Please DO NOT click on the link. Copy the link in the address bar of a new Internet Explorer window and then click on 'Go'.

ftp://156:ZLQ391NK@ftp.gocyberlink.com/CDS/LG/1/LG-ODD_HDS080303-04_R3.zip

Please click the "Save" option to save the file on your desktop.

When the download is over, please unzip the downloaded file and after the file is unzipped, please double click the "Setup" file to start the installation.

Now, please visit the link given below to download the latest upgrade patch of build 4617 :

NOTE: Please DO NOT click on the link. Copy the link in the address bar of a new Internet Explorer window and then click on 'Go'.

ftp://191:GT7KG9V1@ftp.gocyberlink.com/PDVD7.3/LG/4617/BDHD-U/LG-ODD.4617_TaRe38_DVD081016-07.exe

Please save the file on your desktop and when the download is over, please double click the file to start the installation.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 14. 2009 13:27

glenn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2009 12:52 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Continuing from last post:

Then I did not accept PowerDVD to update after this and it still works with all titles of BD. And it also has 6-ch instead of 2-ch that the other one had.