CyberLink Community Forum
Power Director 7 won't burn  XML
Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
LaughsWithHorses

Get a "Either drive or disk is not ready" when I try to burn a disk. Drive burns DVD and CD's when using another program (Windows Movie Maker") File has been produced correctly according to Power Director manual. Have tried different makes of DVD's and CD with the same result. Tried uninstalling and reinstal with same problem. Help would be appreciated. Got a wedding DVD waiting to burn!! Deadlines are a bitch!
James W

Senior Contributor

You can always try burn to DVD folder and then use a free program like imgburn to burn the disk.

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
LaughsWithHorses

James
Thanks for the reply. However, the question remains why PD 7 won't recognize the drive when all other programs do? Seems I got short changed with the program.

Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

Senior Contributor

Hi,
I know this might appear to be a silly question:
Where did you buy the version of PD7 you're using from?

What version is it?
Click on the PowerDirector name in the User Interface or go to Directors chair icon > Help > About.

You may have a corrupted download or a poor installation.

Dafydd

For more information click the links given here:
PowerDirector Video Editor = 2,2.5,3,4,5,5P,6,7,8,9,10,11 Ultimate Suite, Ultimate Suite 2, Director Suite 2.
PowerDirector 12 Image Guides linking image guides on the forum.
Image Editor = One that makes transparent background PNG files is a "must have".
Gif Animation = Creating and converting an animation can give one's video a little "edge".
Check out PowerDVD, PhotoDirector, ColorDirector, AudioDirector & MediaShow
I use the Pixelan plug-ins, (*5) with PowerDirector 12 Click here to visit Pixelan Software.
Started with 8mm splice editing and B&W still image darkroom photography.
Honesty disclosure: CyberLink have provided me their software products at no charge.
LaughsWithHorses

Dafydd

Thanks for the reply.

Power Director Deluxe Version 7.0.3017
Purchased from Amazon.com

I did do a complete uninstall and reinstall from the disk, tried different brands of CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R and RW all with the same result. Seems like PD 7 doesn't even take time to locate the drive because the error message pops up immediately. The drive light doesn't even come on showing the drive is being accessed.
Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

Senior Contributor

Hi,
I like the avatar

Please can you give the Amazon location? I'd like to check something out.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

For more information click the links given here:
PowerDirector Video Editor = 2,2.5,3,4,5,5P,6,7,8,9,10,11 Ultimate Suite, Ultimate Suite 2, Director Suite 2.
PowerDirector 12 Image Guides linking image guides on the forum.
Image Editor = One that makes transparent background PNG files is a "must have".
Gif Animation = Creating and converting an animation can give one's video a little "edge".
Check out PowerDVD, PhotoDirector, ColorDirector, AudioDirector & MediaShow
I use the Pixelan plug-ins, (*5) with PowerDirector 12 Click here to visit Pixelan Software.
Started with 8mm splice editing and B&W still image darkroom photography.
Honesty disclosure: CyberLink have provided me their software products at no charge.
LaughsWithHorses

Everyone gets a kick of the avatar. My wife and I were driving through this game reserve in Georgia and I guess this critter smelled food in the car and deceided he would like to partake. One of my friends here in Florida is a member of the Seminole Indian Tribe. He showed the picture to his Grandfather. We had a little barbeque one day and they had a little ceromony and renamed me Laughs With Horses. The rest is history.

Anyhow, here is the link for the page that I ordered the program on.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=power+director+7
Paul

Hi Dafydd,
You seem like the guy I need to speak to for my problem. I'm a Newby as far as PD goes and I recently bought a JVC Everio Camcorder which came with a scaled down verion of the software. I purchased on-line direct from CyberLink the upgrade for PD7. The install wasn't without problems but I eventually managed it and also downloaded the upgrade which fixed a 'Closure' when 'Trimming' clips. This was fine and I spent hours creating the final movie with added 'SmarySound' etc - that's another problem which I won't go into now. My biggest problem is I can't burn a DVD as when I try I get an error code 8007000e come up - what the hell is that ???
Also I tried outputting in 'Produce' to a file using MPEG2 - I assumed that would be the one to use, but can't then use this file with any other burning software I have DVD Shrink or Nero 6. I'm getting really despondant about this as all my effort seems to be wasted.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Paul
Cranston

Senior Contributor

Hi Paul,

Paul wrote:
My biggest problem is I can't burn a DVD as when I try I get an error code 8007000e come up - what the hell is that ???
I don't have a specific answer for you, but if you enter "error code 8007000e" in a the Search feature above (magnifying Glass), you will see some past posts that might help. Also, a Google search shows about 3400 entries for error code 8007000e.
Might be worth browsing through a few of these to see if anything applies to your question, while you're waiting for someone to chime in here with a better and more specific reply.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 07/08/2009 05:02:35

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
[WWW]
Paul

Hi Cranston,

Many thanks for your reply, all this malarky is wearing me down, I always thought I was quite savvy with PCs but when it comes to this DVD Production faff, it leaves me stone cold.

I have exported a File to folder using the MPEG2 format which it completed successfully although it was huge, something like 5.6Gb, I then tried to use NERO 6 to actually burn the DVD, but that told me it was far too big a file to automatically compress and when I tried using a +R DL (which my burner is supposed to support) that failed as well !!!
I then tried to use DVD Shrink to automatically compress and I couldn't import the MPEG 2 file format. If I had used the AVI format to output from would that have been accepted by DVD Shrink ?

Yours highly confused.
Paul

Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
Go to: