CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 13 freezes when burning disc or create folder
Reply to this topic
Czxvbn22
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 14, 2013 19:56 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I previously wrote about how to create a folder to burn from but didn't get that far because I find now that I have a probem of the laptop freezing. So I have started a new thread here.

I am using PD 13 and my OS is Windows 10, Windows Defender anti virus

Have just installed ImgBurn

I have created a project using HD video mp4 and jpegs from my phone and also included a couple of lower resolution videos MOV from another camera.

I created a custom profile using my phone specs.

Because the final project is slightly bigger than will fit onto a DVD I plan to finally burn it to BluRay.

First of all after Produce I attemptd to burn to disc but the laptop freezes at 6%

I then attempted to create folder instead hoping to use a 3rd party prgramme afterwards to burn to disc. But it also freezes at 16%

I'm not sure how I can show you what programmes are running at the time.

I have attached a DXDiag text

Any more information required I will attempt to provide.

Any help appreciated.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)
tomasc
[Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 3190 Offline
[Post New]
There is not enough information left in the DxDiag to help here as pertinent information like Disk drives are missing.
stevek
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4263 Offline
[Post New]
wrote: There is not enough information left in the DxDiag to help here as pertinent information like Disk drives are missing.

I agree about the missing information. What internal hard drives do you have or are you running from USB connected hard drives or from a network. Something is blocking that information.

There are some unusual errors listed at the bottom of the dxdiag.exe file. Are you running any registry cleaners - either stand alone or as part of another program?

Is Defender up to date? You might want to download/install a good antivirus to scan your computer. You can delete it if it finds nothing. .
To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Babs2
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2013 03:52 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you both for your prompt replies.

To try and provide more info.

1 Hard Drive, no partitions 476 GB used out of 931 GB

1 external hard drive permamently attached for backing up. (should I disconnect this?)

No registry cleaners.

Defender up to date, (should I disable this)?

I am now in the process of scanning system with online scanner.

Thanks once again
Czxvbn22
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 14, 2013 19:56 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
After a long scan with an online anti virus programme the system came back clean.

Unfortunately I can't remember if my last successful burn to disc was before I installed Windows 10 or not. (I usually only make dvds of our holidays). So could it be something within the OS that's blocking the burning procedure?

If I can provide any more information or if you can think of anything more for me to try, please let me know.

Thank You
stevek
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4263 Offline
[Post New]
Have you considered that there may be a bad video or zero size file in your project or that there is something in your menu that the program doesn't like?

Tell us more about your project, source, and resolution, etc.

Ignore that the programs hang at different percentages.

Windows 10 does not have Movie Maker when it is installed. Go to the Microsoft site and download/install the Movie Maker for Windows 10. Add your videos but do not add any transitions, etc. See if it will output or if it also hangs. That may help some trouuble shooting. .
To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
stevek
[Post New]
By thew way, did you notice this error message near the top of the dxdiag.exe text file?

"DxDiag Previously: Crashed in system information (stage 3) & DirectInput (stage 1). Re-running DxDiag with "dontskip" command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information"

That is why the other information is not included in the file yoiu posted.

You may want to rerun the dxdiag.exe using the suggestions in the above quote. I'm not sure yoour Windows OS is operating correctly. .
Babs2
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2013 03:52 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you stevek for your suggestions.

I think I may have found the problem however.

I suddenly thought I wonder if Quicktime is still installed, so when I checked it out it wouldn't open correctly so I re-installed it. I was then able to create a folder and also finally burn to a blu ray with PowerDirector.

So I'm thinking Somehow Quicktime became currupted?

Interesting your thoughts that Windows may not be working properly, I will have to look into that. But I must say most things seem to be running O.K. at present.

Thanks for your very useful advice, hopefully I should be able to continue to try and fathom out PD although I have been using it for some years now.
Reply to this topic