where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
VST Reverb Plugin
Reply to this topic
DavidM55
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 10, 2017 16:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I just purchased AudioDirector, and I like its capabilities very much. I'm using the 64-bit versino

But . . . I have not had much success with the VST plugin capability. I'm looking for a free or low cost VST plugin to add to the reverb capabilities. I have not found any reverb plugins that actually work.

I think I have discovered that only 64-bit VST plugins are importable. But none of the 5-10 that I have tried function acceptably. I fear that the VST capability of AudioDirector does not conform to industry standards.

Does anyone have experience with successful VST plugin use? Or in particular, can you suggest a nice inexpensive or free reverb VST plugin that actually works?

Thanks!

David
PIX
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Sep 21, 2011 00:02 Messages: 1986 Offline
[Post New]
Hello David,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

I can't say I make extensive use of ADR's VST feature. Nor can I claim great expertise with audio editing. I have noticed that some VSTs will not import into ADR (even ones that work correctly in CL's WaveEditor), so what you've suggested is correct. ADR requires 64-bit VSTs.

There is a mountain of free Reverb VSTs available via a quick Google search. Some links are posted here.

Here is a zip file containing 3 Reverb VSTs that I've used successfully with ADR.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2017 01:00

PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
DavidM55
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 10, 2017 16:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
PIX,

Thanks very much for your reply, and for the reverb plugins.

I found another free VST Reverb plugin that also worked well with AudioDirector -- OldSkoolVerb. This is a fairly sophisticate reverb plugin with lots of adjustments and presents. To me, it sounds very natural with presenters and vocals. Here is a link.

http://www.voxengo.com/product/oldskoolverb/

Thanks again,

David

wrote: Hello David,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

I can't say I make extensive use of ADR's VST feature. Nor can I claim great expertise with audio editing. I have noticed that some VSTs will not import into ADR (even ones that work correctly in CL's WaveEditor), so what you've suggested is correct. ADR requires 64-bit VSTs.

There is a mountain of free Reverb VSTs available via a quick Google search. Some links are posted here.

Here is a zip file containing 3 Reverb VSTs that I've used successfully with ADR.

PIX
Reply to this topic